Chapter 39

(Loki)

I stormed into the physicians quarters. "Talk." I said angrily.

"Your majesty." He bowed his head. I was now in his face. 

"What is going on?!" I yelled. He backed away a few steps. 

"I heard there was trouble bringing the pair of you through the Bifrost. Did Heimdall tell you anything about why?" he asked.

"Something about a black aura. Death, destruction. What of it?"

The physician's face turned a sickly green. "Why did you bring her here? What was your plan?"

"Why does that matter?!"

"Just answer the question, Loki." he said sternly. I ignored his informal words. 

"I went to SHIELD to try to find some sort of weapon, or information. I found her. She's going to lead my armies, and eventually, will lead them to Earth." 

"Loki--" he started.

"You," I pointed at him, "Don't tell me what to do." I paused. "And quit avoiding the subject and tell me what you know!" I yelled. 

"I'm still tryin to figure it all out. Give me some time so that I know I have the right information, and then I will tell you everything. In the mean time, stay away from the girl." 

I sighed, "Two weeks. That's all I'm giving you. And then you tell me everything." He nodded his head in understanding. 

I turned to walk out, and the guards shut the door behind me. 

"My King!" said a voice to my right. "I had heard you returned, and have been looking for you everywhere." It was Borin, the chief of my army. He bowed down to me and then looked up, "Did you find what you were looking for, my King?"

I had told Borin about my plans. Originally, I had figured I would find a weapon. And then I would give that weapon to Borin for him to figure out, protect, and decide the best way to use against our enemies. Borin was my best fighter, and my best leader. He was skilled, tactful, and ruthless. He'd even been known to beat my brother in combat a few times. 

"Yes. Although it's not exactly what I had in mind." He gave me a puzzled look. 

"It's a Midgardian." His eyes almost shot out of his head. "She's extremely powerful and extremely dangerous. And she just happens to hate the same insolent humans that I do." Borin was searching for the words.

"What do you want me to do with her, my King?" he asked, finally getting up. 

"I want you to train her. Teach her how to actually fight. How to think on a battlefield. I don't want you to take it easy on her, either. She's powerful, but she goes around throwing her power at everything instead of thinking first." he nodded his head. "Once she has finally cooled down and become the warrior I want her to be, the rest will fall into place." 

"When do we start?"

"Oh, give it a few weeks. I still need to put some pieces into place first." 

"Where is she now? May I meet her?" he asked. 

I laughed, "She's in the solitary cell." Several emotions swam across his face. "You're free to meet her, but she doesn't know about anything I have planned for her." I smiled. "I'll let you break the news." And I turned around and walked away.