Chapter 8

"Dr. Anderson! Everything alright sir?" 

"Ah, Dr. Felts, Dr. Manns. Yes. Yes. Everything's splendid. Just doing some last minute review." 

"It's all very exciting sir!"

"Indeed it is. We will be moving forward into the next stage very soon." 

And then there was a female shriek of terror. 

"What the hell?" Felts exclaimed. Manns ran toward the sound. It had come from the conference room.

"MIndy? Mindy is that you? What's wrong?" Manns questioned as he ran down the hall. He didn't know where Felts had gone. Dr. Anderson was hot on is heels though. 

They reached the conference room. A video was playing on the screen. A woman, Mindy, stood huddled, shaking in the corner of the room with her and over her mouth. 

She slowly lowered it as Manns spotted the body on the floor. 

"Dr. Anderson is dead!" She sobbed. 

Manns, filled with terror, slowly turned around to look at the man who he had thought was Dr. Anderson. But the next thing he saw was a pale fist fly at his face.

He hit the ground hard, barely concious. He faintly heard a scream from inside the room that was quickly stifled. He then felt himself being dragged by his arm into the room. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the real, the dead Dr. Anderson, his eyes gouged out. And Mindy lying unconcious right beside him. 

The spots had begun to clear from his vision and he looked up to the man looming over him. 

"Goodnight, Doctor. Hope it was all worth it." He grinned maliciously. He looked familiar. 

Loki. 

Manns saw a flash of silver and before he could even process what was happening, before he could fight back or get away, Loki raised the sharp dagger and rushed towards him with it. 

His heart gave out before he even felt the pain.