Chapter 64

(Anna)

My brain was on full overload.

I didn't know what to do with myself, so I just stood by Loki's side. There was all this information and I didn't understand it. None of it. Nada. Zero. Zilch. 

"What's started?" Loki shook his head vigorously. "No. No, we are going to start at the beginning." He looked back and forth between the old lady and the physician. "Any takers?" He asked angrily. 

The old lady and the physician exchanged a look. "You're the one that wants to open all of this up. It's on you." said the physician, and then he walked away, clearly angry. 

The old lady looked at the pair of us, a gleam in her eyes. "Oh, look at the two of you." If she could have pinched our cheeks, she probably would have. 

She was a bit disgruntled looking. Her hair was graying and matted. And her clothes looked to be like random pieces of fabric stitched together. She took a deep breath and then motioned for us to follow her. 

Loki led me towards her, his face hard. We followed her around to the other side of the room and down a narrow hallway. We came out on the other side, in a larger room with a circular sitting area around a fire-pit. There were no windows, but something about the place made you feel safe. All the firelight and warmth. The old lady motioned her hand toward the seats. "Shall we?"

Loki led me to the fire pit, jumping down on the ground below. He turned around and grabbed ahold of my waist, picking me up and dipping me onto the ground. 

It nearly made me go mad. 

Loki sat down, as did the old lady, a few seats away. I took their lead and sat on the impossibly comfortable cushions. 

"Are you sure you want to hear this?" she asked cautiously. "Once you, it will change everything." 

"I need to know Maly." He said. He looked at her with an odd sort of affection. Like the way I would look at my aunt or maybe an old friend of my parents. 

Maly took a deep breath, and then she spoke. 

"A long time ago, tensions were climbing between Asgard and Jotunheim." She looked at me. "Jotenhiem is the-"

"I know what it is." I assured her. 

"She looked at me for a moment, slightly surprised, and resumed. "Tensions were impossibly high. War was raging on and neither side was winning or losing. But neither side was willing to come to an agreement either. The Frost-giants wanted the tesseract, Odin wouldn't let them." I felt Loki flinch at the sound of his father's name. "So to gain the upper hand, Laufey decided to deal in the black arts. He made a deal with a demon, getting her blood and spell, mixing it with his own blood to make a child. This child was supposed to grow to be very powerful, unkillable even. It was designed to kill Asgardians, to take down the kingdom." I know Loki was just as confused as I was. "Eventually, Odin heard about Laufey's plan. But intstead of stopping him, Odin decided to counter-act. Odin decided to make a deal with a demon, and do the same exact thing Laufey had done, only for the opposite race. This child would be just as powerful, just as undefeatable. But it's sole purpose would be to take down Frost-giants. So two children, opposite sides of the same coin."

"I don't see-" Loki began. 

"Hush! You wanted the begninning, this is the beginning." Maly chastized him. 

"This is where things began to get ugly. The war was getting worse and the children hadn't done any damage yet. They were only just born. But Odin and Laufey figured they had time, figured the war would go on for years. They were wrong. Asgard was beginning to get and edge on Jotunheim. That didn't make Laufey happy. Somehow he found out about Odin's child, and somehow found a way to steal it. Odin was obviously not happy about his misfortune and planned on doing the same to Laufey. Laufey found Odin's child to be weak and uselss, just like he had recently found his own. He tossed Odin's child to the cosmos to land or die in whatever way came to it. And he left his own creation to die on Jotunheim. Odin never found his own creation. But he found Laufey's."

She looked directly at Loki now. "Loki, dear, that child was you." Then she turned her attention to me, making my heart stop. "And the other child, Odin's creation, was you, Anna."