Chapter 17

(Loki)

I had a plan. 

It had been a week since I had left Anna the note about not to eat the food. I just hoped she saw it and had taken my advice. 

Now it was time to begin executing the plan. I tried not to grin in anticipation. But I couldn't help myself.

The grin was instantly wiped off my face when the elevator opened to Anna's floor. 

He door to her cell was wide open. And it didn't look as if it had simply been opened, it looked as if it had been blown to bits. There were pieces scattering the floor. and small tentrils of smoke hung about the air. 

I ran towards the cell door, and threw myself inside, looking around the small room. 

The first thing I saw was a man on the wall to my left. He was strung up by his wrists, which were held to the wall with what looked like pipes from the bed that was mutilated on the floor to my right. 

The man was completely naked. 

And he was drenched in his own blood. The man was obviously dead. 

Upon closer inspection, I noticed that half of his fingers were missing and his mouth had been mutilated. It almost looked like someone had tried to burn them, to melt them together. And they were very successful. 

When I looked past the blood on his abdomen, I noticed what looked like cuts. But they weren't just random cuts, they were words. 

Just two words, over and over again. 

MONSTER and MOLESTER

The words looked like they had been carved carefully, but a few of them had scratches that extended from the letters, as if the man had struggled.

He'd been alive then, when the words were carved into his chest. 

I looked at the rest of him, to see what else had been done to him. And when I found it, I grimaced. 

His man-part was gone. Obviously cut off right from his groin. 

I backed away. Anna wasn't in here. And I knew Anna was the one that had done this. I stopped when I saw the blood on the toilet seat. As I looked into the water, I almost wasn't suprised to find all of the man's cut off body parts floating in the now red water. 

Anna was angry, whether with just this man or not, she was utterly pissed off. And she definately had her powers back. 

But she was angry, and she was loose. 

That's not a good mix. 

I ran as fast as I could down the hall and to the elevator. I continued to rapidly press the up button until the elevator finally opened. Once inside, I pushed the button to the main floor, the floor that had the doors that lead out of this place. That's where she would go. 

But then I thought. She could have just killed that man back there. But instead, she took her time making him feel pain, even if it didn't compare to what she had felt for the past 7 years. 

She wanted revenge more than she wanted freedom. 

She would go to the labs. Where all the doctors who had ever experimented on her were at work. And she would kill them. I pushed the button to take me to that floor. I had to find her before she got herself killed.

She'd be no good to me if she was dead.