Chapter 105

(Loki)

We ran, side by side, towards the battle.

So far, it seemed to be a pretty fair fight, but it would turn against the Midgardians the moment we got there.

We were still several yards away when Anna shot water towards the fight, freezing it in huge spikes, breaking up the two sides for a moment. I saw the Frost-giants grin, breaking off the spikes and melding them with their own.

And then the battle continued.

Harry saw me approaching, and broke away from the fight, heading straight towards me. He still had his bow and arrow in hand and attempted to shoot at me, but missed when I bent backwards, letting the arrow fly over my head.

I stopped, and made multiples of myself around him, making him panic, not sure which one was the real me or if they all were. He began swinging his weapon at my holograms, but the moment he made one disappear, I created three more, like a hydra.

Talk about irony.

He looked wild and deranged. Eventually, he wore himself out, realizing that he wasn't getting anywhere. He looked all around trying to decide which direction the real me was hiding in. "You took her from me!" he screamed, swatting at another illusion.

I wanted to kill him, for playing with Anna's mind and who knows what else. I swear, if he touched her.

And all of my holograms at once spoke back to him, "You do realize that you want to sleep with your half sister, don't you."

He looked around wildly, his eyes bigger than the sun, bloodshot with fear. "She's your stepsister!" he laughed maniacally. "And yes, I found out about you two, how you are the children of gods and demons and monsters! My mother left me a note explaining everything, before your guards took her!" he was still spinning around, losing his balance now, stumbling.

I just laughed. This mortal was a joke. I let all of my copies disappeared. I watched him closely as he rose his weapon, not sure what to expect. His eyes finally settled on me and I held my arms out wide, just like I did when he had failed to take Anna from me when I saved her from his clutches. "You really think you can defeat me, kill me?" I threw my head back to the sky, and laughed. "So many have tried and so many have failed. What makes you think that you will be any different?" I felt my old self coming back to the surface. The dark, evil, sadistic man I had loathed but had been apart of me for so long.

"Because I have this!" he reached into his back pocket and procured a small stone, the size of my thumb. It was bright blue and seemed to shift within itself.

It was a piece of the tesseract.

I rolled my eyes dramatically and began to walk towards him. "You're kidding me, right? I've absorbed the power if the tesseract. I've used the power of the tesseract. Do you really think I would fear it when it is in your hands?" he backed away as I came closer. I could tell he was not used to battles, it showed on his face like an open book.

Quickly, he put the piece of stone on the end of his arrow and knocked it, pulling back the string.

"Do you really think that you can move faster than I?" This man was a fool.

But, before I knew it, he let the arrow go and sent it straight through Laufey's heart.