Chapter 37

(Anna)

I really was sorry about the furniture. 

I had freaked out when I found out I was in a cell. I had spent the past 7 years in a cell. You could say that cells didn't symbolize fluffy bunnies and unicorns in my book. 

So I had taken it out on the furniture. 

When that wore me out, I took a nap on the floor. I had slept on worst, and I fell asleep almost instantly. After who knows how long, I woke up from a dreamless sleep. I just laid there for a while, looking at the ceiling, thinking. 

Loki wouldn't go all the way to Earth, wouldn't risk it, if he just wanted to throw me in his own cell. And as I looked around, I figured that this wasn't a trophy room. He had to have a purpose for me. 

I just didn't know if I would rather find out what that purpose was, or stay in this cell. 

************

He flashed a grin at me when I told him I was sorry about his furniture, and it churned something inside me. Something warm and giddy.

I didn't like it. 

I looked at the old man standing behind him, and decided to stand up.

I put my hands on my hips and streched my neck. "Do I have a visitor today, Warden?" I asked, hoping Loki could tell that I was only joking. 

Instead he ignored my comment and motioned for the old man to step forward. "This is the physician. He wants to ask you a few questions. I suggest you answer them." He gave me a stern look that I took to heart. 

"Alright." I drug out the "i". 

"Hello, Anna is it?" I nodded. He smiled, "Alright. I understand you've been having some breathing problems. I know from your earlier examination that it is not a physical problem. I wondered if there happened to be any reoccurances when your episodes happened." I decided to ignore the 'your earlier examination' part, to save time. 

I nodded my head in Loki's direction. "Whenever I touched him." I paused as a troubled look came over both of the men's faces. "Well, for the most part. The first time it happened," I stopped.

Did I tell them I had had a dream, a somewhat intimate dream, about Loki before I had even met him?

"What happened?" The physician asked. 

I decided, what the hell, "I had a dream about him. When I woke up, I couldn't breathe. Then there was another time, I thought I saw him, but I wasn't sure. And it seems that everytime we touch, I get breathless." I gave Loki a sarcastic smile. "I don't know why."

The physician was wide-eyed, and the look on his face told me he knew something. 

"Interesting." he said."Anything else?"

I shook my head. The physician then asked Loki if he could be excused, in which Loki nodded. 

Once the physican was out of the room, Loki looked at me. "People are keeping things from me. And I don't like it." He crossed his arms.

"Don't look at me. I don't know anything. You're the one who broke me out, remember?" 

He sighed. "Yes. Yes, I know. And you're the one, for some reason, who wanted to go back."

I swallowed. I didn't know what to say. What could I tell him that would make him understand? He just stood there, waiting for an explanation. 

I sat down with a thump and crossed my legs. I put my hands in my head so that my hair ended up brushing my knees. "You wouldn't understand."

Out of my peripheral vision I saw him croutch down in front of me. 

"Try me."