Chapter 101

(Loki)

I awoke, knowing we couldn't sleep forever. 

I sat up on my side and brushed her hair with my hand. I was so fascinated by her beauty, it nearly took my breath away.  She breathed softly, and I noticed she looked much better than when she had arrived earlier. I brushed her cheek softly, not wanting to wake her quite yet. 

My mind still wrapped around our time together. It was beautiful and sacred and amazing. I had never felt the way with any other woman the way I felt with Anna. The pleasure was not only heightened, but I was immensely happy, overjoyed. I didn't have lust for her body, I had lust for her, soley her. I wanted all of her, and as much of it as I could get. 

Never again would I want anyone else. 

"Well, isn't this precious?" I heard a voice say, making me jump violently, and in turn causing Anna to stir and open her eyes. I frantically looked for the source of the intruding voice. It didn't take long. 

Laufey. 

His blue skin didn't do much to hide him as he leaned against the wall. Anna sat up, keeping the sheet wrapped around her. Her eyes were wide as saucers. I put an arm around her to protect her. Laufey's red eyes glowed in the darkness. 

"What the hell are you doing in here?" I growled. 

"You're the one who made a deal with me, remember? You were no where to be found, so I came here. And behold," He held his hands out in a gesture towards us. "You're with her in your bed." His white teeth gleamed. 

"Get. Out."

Ignoring me, he went on. "So this is what Odin's child has grown into? A slave to attend to the pleasures of my son."

"I AM NOT YOUR SON!" I screamed. I wanted to get up and punch him, but I didn't want to leave Anna. That, and I was stark naked. 

"Now,now, boy. It's a compliment. And it's the only one you'll get from me. Because, besides you being slightly stronger than Odin's creation, you have gone completely soft. And you were just starting to think like me. But then this girl comes along, and turns you into a bug-eyed, love-struck child." He stopped leaning on the wall, and stood up straight, his arms crossed. 

I gritted my teeth angrily as Anna's hand squeezed my arm. "Leave. I will be out in a moment. The deal I still made with you is on. But don't you dare come in to my personal affairs. You have no place here." 

Laufey just laughed and turned to walk out of the room. 

I breathed a sigh of relief as the doors closed behind him. I turned to look at Anna, who was still staring in the direction Laufey had left, her face in shock. 

"When you said you were a Frost-giant, I didn't take the giant part very seriously." She suddenly turned to look at me, terror in her eyes. "Why was he here? What deal did you make with him? He's supposed to be trying to kill you." 

My heart ached, shooting to my throat. "He's going to help me protect you."

"For what price?" She had a disgusted look on her face. "I don't need to be protected. By him least of all." Her forehead scrunched together. "He threw me at the mercy of the universe when I was a defenseless child! He left you to die!" She yelled. 

I looked at her sadly. "You just have to trust me, alright?" I put my forehead against hers, rubbing my nose on her own. "Please." I whispered.

She touched my face lightly. "Just don't do anything stupid." She kissed me lightly on the mouth. 

I had to keep myself from crying. 

If she only knew. 

But she wouldn't. I couldn't do that to her. She couldn't know. 

She couldn't know that I cherished every touch, every breath, every look, every word. Not only because they were special, but because they were the last. 

I kissed her deeply, pulling her close to me. I touched her bare back lightly, running my fingers up and down her skin. She turned and sat on top of me above the sheets, her legs stradling my hips, her hands on my face. We continued to kiss, touching each other. 

I hoped she would forgive me. Someday.