Chapter 41

(Loki)

"I want her dead." Borin said viciously. 

"You're just angry that you got beat up by a girl." I mocked. I was sitting beside his bed in the infirmiry.

"I will kill her." he scowled.

I leaned forward and took his oversized jaw in my hand, making him groan in pain. "You will not touch her. You're the one who opened the cell after I told you she was dangerous and unpredictable." I shoved his face away. "Do you understand?" 

"Yes." he said through clenched teeth. I pushed off my knees to stand up and walk out of the room. 

I had left Anna, lying on the floor of her cell after I had yelled at her. I shouldn't but I felt a terrible feeling in my gut. Something like guilt. I tried to shake it off, but it just wouldn't go away. I vowed not to go anywhere near Anna until I got some answers from the physician. 

I decided to head down to my favorite village tavern. It was loud and welcoming and everyone respected me there. There was always a good drinking game, good laughs, and very good-looking women who never failed to swoon on me, entertain me even. But no matter how many drinks I had, or how many women sat on my lap, I couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt. 

Because I had hit Anna.