Chapter 51

(Harry)

This was perfect.

It really was. I have Asgardian blood in my hand. I know what Asgardian blood can do to a human. I've seen it once before.

And it was beautiful.

But that person was shot and killed before they even reached their full potential. He became strong and powerful, full of energy. But he got a big head, thought he was invincible, when in fact he was far from it.

And that was a normal human.

What I had in front of me certainly was not.

"Hello, One." He said, grinning.

"I wish you would stop calling me that. I do have a name." He said flatly.

"Oh, I'm well aware. But you were our first subject. Take some pride in that." I watched as they secured him in the chair, making his arms and legs immobile.

He sighed. "I am." I saw his eyes flicker to the syringe in my hand. "What's that?" he nodded his head at my hand.

"Your saving grace." I smiled wide, unable to help myself. "You'll be even more powerful when I'm done here." Now he smiled. If anyone liked power, it was this guy. That's why I liked him so much.

I walked over to him, pulling the protective cap off of the syringe. I found a vein in One's upper arm and I stuck the syringe in. He took in a huge breath, trying to stay strong. I'd seen how painful mixing human and Asgardian blood was. He gritted his teeth, nostrils flaring, and fists opening and closing. Finally, the pain became too much and he let out a horrendous scream. He thrashed for a few minutes more.

And then he stopped.

He was perfectly still, breathing steady, even breaths. And then, suddenly, his eyes shot open. They were practically glowing. His head slowly turned, like something out of a scary movie, and looked at me.

"I feel great."

"Good." I told him. "Because I have a job for you."