Chapter 18

(Anna)

I was free. Well, partially. 

And I was out for blood. 

*************

(Loki)

I was in a feverish panic. I had to find Anna, I had to stop her. If she went crazy now, it would blow the whole plan for later. And I would lose a valuable weapon. 

When I got to the lab floor, it was almost eerie. Everyone was doing what they normally do, having no idea what was about to come down on them. By no means did I want to save them, but it just wasn't the right time. 

And that's when the alarm sounded. People in lab coats stuck their heads out of their labs and out into the hall, looks of confusion, disbelief, and terror on their faces. 

They knew she was out. 

They all started to scurry and run around, trying to secure what they could. Then guards started to line the halls and another dozen or so ran towards me, towards the elevator. 

She was being hunted. 

***************

(Anna)

The alarm started to go off. 

Shit. 

I had to hurry. I couldnt do what I wanted to do. It was time to get out of here. But I would take down as many as I could on my way out. 

I took a peak around the corner, guards were heading in my direction. I turned and headed the other way, down a dim-lit hall. 

And that's when I felt a hand grab my waist, and another hand cover mouth and I was pulled into a dark room, the sound of a door shutting behind me.