Chapter 4

(Loki)

"Follow me. I want to show you something." Dr. Ramirez lightly touches my arm, turns and walks further down the hall. I follow, soon catching up with her. We walk to the end of the hall and turn right. At the end of the hall is a single door. Dr. Ramirez punches in a code I can't see and opens the door, motioning me inside. I smile and nod at her, stepping inside the large room.

There is so much to take in. There are countless machines and utensils of "experimentation" about the room. What is this?

"Speechless, I see." Dr. Ramirez chuckles and then stands next to me, looking at me expectantly. 

I take a moment to gather my thoughts. I am not the nicest guy in the universe. Everyone knows that. I've killed, destructed, and decieved. But this? I would never torture anyone like this. It's not like getting beat up, this is like slowly killing a person until they loose their minds. And even then the torturing will continue. All in the name of what these pathetic people call science. And to a girl, none the less. I am told she is a monster, uncontrollable, a murderer even. I've been called the same things. But I think you could somewhat say I was justified in what I have done. 

If I was even the smallest bit justified, then this girl must be even more so. She is being held against her will. Experimented on doesn't even begin to cover it. 

I came here, to Earth, to SHEILD headquarters, to begin a plan for my revenge. I never thought I'd have the urge to save a poor soul. A human being even. 

"There are no words for it, Doctor." I say, making her smile proudly. It's disgusting. " What do all of these things do, if I may ask?" I try to sound enthusiastic. I'm not going soft am I? That would not be good in my position. 

Dr. Ramirez moves around to different machines explaining what they do. "This one here," she points to one that is clearly meant for the human subject to be strapped into, arms and legs spread. There are straps to hold the arms, legs, torso, and head. "Well, it's meant to test the subjects durability. We run a series of various tests to see what the subject can handle."

"Such as?" I don't take my eyes off the machine.

"Oh, such as electric shock, intense heat, extreme cold, those we can control with the machine. We conduct other experiments by hand while the subject is at this station. 

Station. So they don't stop here. "For example?"

She chuckles. "My,my, curious aren't we?" 

"Just trying to learn as much as possible, doctor." I smile weakly at her. 

"Alright. We also test the subject's resistance to certain things, such as fire, boiling water, pain caused by different instruments. We find that the subject is extremely resistant. It has a very high tolerance for pain. It's skin also takes more to be penetrated as well. It's very strong, even though the subject's muscles don't show it. This is the most amazing test subject we've ever had. So many results in the time we've had it, no matter how uncontrollable it may be." She snorts. 

I move away from the machine before I say anything that will blow my cover. I stop at a clear box thats about ten feet wide and fifteen feet tall. The top of the cage (which is what I've concluded it is) is open with various silver pipes and guns pointed at the floor. 

"What about this one?" I run my finger along the smooth, perfect glass.

" That's where we test the subject's tolerance and response to its own powers." 

"Powers?" I pause. "Like the Avengers?" I say for effect.

That makes her laugh. " I suppose. Although it's ot nearly as noble as the Mighty Avengers. But its powers are just as amazing."