Chapter 76

(Anna)

I'm pretty sure I fell asleep in his arms.

But when I woke up, I was once agian alone in the bed. When I sat up, I saw Loki by his wardrobe, doing his hair.

And I broke out laughing. 

"Well, good morning to you as well." She said, struggling with the hair tie. 

"Sorry. I don't know many guys who do their hair." I got out of then bed and walked over to him. 

"I didn't used to have to do this. It becomes custom for a man to grow out his hair when he comes to age."

I leaned over him and took tie out of his hand. "Kneel."

He spun around to stare at me, eyes wide, eyebrows raised. "Excuse me?"

"You're too tall, now kneel." I smiled, but he grudgingly did as I asked. 

I ran my fingers through his hair. I felt him shudder beneath my touch. I brought chunks of his hair to be tied in the tie, so that half of it was pulled up, and then I braided that half. "There. You look beautiful." I giggled. 

God, when was the last time I giggled?

He pushed himself up and turned to me. "There are some clothes waiting for you in the washroom. I thought we would do some combat training today."

Right. The impending war. 

"Yea. Ok. I'll be quick." I could feel his eyes on me as I walked into the washroom.

*********

I came back out, dressed in loose-fitting black pants and a loose shirt that had a tighter one that went beneath it. The boots were new, but flexible. I felt good; like I could run a thousand miles. 

Not really, but still. 

I followed Loki and eventually we came to a large room. It was definately a training room. There were different obstacles and traps and weapons. 

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

***********

(Loki)

We spent the whole day training. 

I taught her different tactics and different moves. She learned quickly and soon, she was fighting me, and I was struggling. It went on like that for some time. Then I threw weapons into the mix, teaching her how to handle different swords and knives. She was a natural at it all, which surprised the both of us. When we actually fought each other, it became a smooth dance, the other knowing their opponent so well, neither of us could get a hit. 

Then I asked her to throw her powers into the mix. 

She made me agree to do the same. 

And that's when things got interesting. 

She was amazing. She really was. And it had been so long since I used my own powers to their full potential, it was liberating. Our powers were so different from each other, yet they fit together like to pieces of a puzzle. 

We fought and fought against each other. But it wasn't until we fought together that the real magic happened. 

I set up the training room to challenge us, to fight us. And it did. 

It might have been my imagination, but I could have sworn that our powers seemed amplified when we played them off of each other. And the way we moved together, always knowing where the other was and would be, you'd think we had fought together for years. 

When we had successfully destroyed every obstacle in our way, we decided to call it a day. 

"I must admit that I am highly impressed." I complimented her. 

"It felt good, to let out some steam and to learn something new." She smiled at me. 

"You two fight well together." It was Thor. He turned to me. "I am leaving. I am going to talk to Director Fury and then head out to find allies for this war you've started." I rolled my eyes. 

And then he embraced me in a hug. "Argh! Thor!" He was squeezing my lungs. 

Anna walked up to us, "Awe, I think it's sweet." She cooed. And then she was embraced in Thor's embrace as well. 

Her laugh warmed by ears and made my heart melt. 

Thor dropped us back to the ground. He looked at Anna, fondness in his eyes, "Take care of this one, Loki. She is loyal and powerful." He looked back at me. "She likes you." 

I heard Anna giggle beside me. And then she reached up and pecked me on the cheek. 

"I sure do." she said.