Chapter 16

(Anna)

When my next meal came, I simply waited a few minutes and then flushed it down the drain. Every meal that didn't go in my  stomach made me feel so much better, so much more powerful. 

My powers were quickly returning back to me. And it felt amazing. I felt in control of myself again. 

But at the same time, I had very  mixed emotions. 

On the one hand, I could use my powers against these bastards and escape, I could fight back, and never again would they experiment on me or make me do their stupid "tests". On the other hand, even if I did get out of here, there was always that chance they would kill me on my way out, or even if I did get out alive, they would hunt me down like the dog they thought I was. They wouldn't just let me go. And I would get tired of running and hiding eventually. 

Right now, I'd say the cons outweigh the pros. 

And then, because I was so deep in thought, I didn't realize that someone was at my cell door. And soon it slid open. 

"Oh, good. You're awake." It was Dr. Anderson's son. He was the head of the department, over his father even. And he very rarely had to get his hands dirty. He was the one always bossing people around, telling them what to do. He was always dressed in a crisp black suit, even though I didn't see him often, this wardrobe descision never failed. 

He was a handsome young man, mid- thirties, with sleek brown hair that was always slicked back. His green eyes were penetrating and he always had one corner of his mouth lifted up in a smirk. 

But he was still terrifying. Not only his person, and his political power, but what he represented. 

Whenever he came to "visit" me, it always meant something horrible was about to happen. 

The first time he had come to visit me, when I was 12, he started the tests that would become part of my daily routine. The next time was a year later, and he made me a showcase, letting people fight me and beat me for sport, knowing I would lose. He came back on my 14th birthday, and took me to the lab and ran the first, "how long can she survive in water" test. After nearly  dying, he came over to me, stroked my hair, and then electrocuted me. I still remember the sound of his laugh as I lay convulsing on the floor. I didn't see him again until I was 16, and that time was the worst to date. He drugged me to the point where I could barely move and he locked himself in my cell with me. 

I lost my virginity that night. 

I was wide awake for the whole show, but unable to do more than make small sounds of protest. For a week straight, he came into my cell, drugged me, and had his way with me. And he didn't care how rough he was, didn't care how much it hurt me. 

And no matter what the others did to me, from that day forward, I vowed he would be the first person I would kill if I ever got chance. 

I hadn't seen him since then. And now he was here, three years later. 

But I had the upper hand this time. 

He took off his suit jacket and handed to one of the guards behind him and stepped into my cell. He motioned for the door to shut him inside. 

He slowly  rolled his sleeves up to his elbows and then took the few steps it took for his long legs to reach the bed I was sitting on. He knelt down in front of me and reached a hand out to brush my face. 

"I heard you've had a rough couple of days." He feigned sympathy as he brushed a strand of hair from my face. 

I scoffed. 

"I think I know what's wrong." He stood up and proceeded to sit on the bed beside me, his leg touching mine. I dared not move. Not yet.

He brushed my hair behind my shoulder. "You have all this built up tension, all this pent up anxiety. You need to loosen up." I felt his hand on my knee and his lips brushed my ear. "I can help you. Just let go. Let all that rage and pain out on me. I'm here for you, Anna." Hearing my name on his lips made me wince. "Just give in to it, let it consume you." He lifted the hem of my shirt up, and then I felt his hand travel up my stomach, and then stop when he hit the bottom of my bra. His lips pecked at my neck.

I turned to look at him. And he gazed back at me, with a sneer on his face. He moved his hand to my waist and pulled me slightly closer, so that our foreheads were nearly touching. I tried to keep my breathing calm and collected. 

"You're right." I breathed.

And then I pushed him down on the bed and began to kiss him passionately.