Chapter 29

(Harry)

Mother had given me a job. 

One that I was glad to do. It wasn't so much a job as a hobby. I could find anyone, track anyone. 

You could say it was a gift. 

A hell of a lot better gift than what my dipshit of a brother had been given. He could give people nightmares. That's real scary, Mikey. But me? No, mine was much better. I could catch anyone's sent, see where they had been, what they had done. It was like instant flashbacks played in my head. 

Needless to say, my brother's crime scene was quite an entertainment. The little quip had made a fool of my already idiot brother. He thought more with his dick than he did with his head, and it had ended up getting him killed. 

I watched the events unfold in my head. He had begun to touch her, whisper in her ear. And then, to his suprise, she began to kiss him quite vigorously. It was quite a sexy show, before the blood came. She stripped him down, teased him the way any guy loves to be teased, and then when he began to take off her clothes, with out the slightest warning, her hand turned into an icey knife and she cut off his penis. 

I tried not to laugh. 

I watched as she continued to torture him and tell him how much she hated his guts. She was quite creative. She took her time and seemed to enjoy his pain.

I watched as the light left his eyes. 

Michael had always been father's favorite. He was a business man who knew and loved science. But I was mother's favorite, I was fearless, cunning, manipulative, and I always found the people who owed her money. But now that both my father and brother were gone, my mother and I ran the show. 

And it would be spectacular. 

*************

I was given the task of finding the girl. I knew that she had gotten her powers back and killed Michael. After that she left her cell and tried to find her way out of the building, with no success. She eventually found herself on the lab floor, where someone grabbed her and pulled her into a closet. Upon inspecting that closet, I found out we had a traitor among us. The guard who took the girl was tall, young and blone, And clearly stupid, to be helping this twit. The only thing that I found odd about the guard were his intense blue eyes, and how they seemed to glow in the dark. I found a name on the guards chest: Quinton. I went to tell another guard to pull up this man's file, but was suprised to find that he didn't exist, not his name, picture, or even a doppleganger. 

Odd. 

So then I fast forwarded through the girl's great escape. I found her in the main lobby. She was now in the guard's arms, looking weak. Had he drugged her? He pulled the fire alarm and exited out the main doors. I followed the trail to see them get into a limo and drive off. Without being able to follow on foot, the trail ended here for now. 

But good thing I had an excellent memory.

I had gotten the license plate number of the limo AND I had seen the driver. Soon, I'd be paying Mr. Paid-Off a visit. And it wouldn't end to well for him, sadly. 

I tried not to smile at my own brilliance as I walked back inside to tell Mother what I had learned.