Chapter 78

(Anna)

It soon became a routine.

We would eat, then train, then eat, then walk around the castle, talking, then we would eat again, and then we would spend some time in the library reading, or talking quietly. Then we would go to sleep. It went on like that for a few weeks.

He'd steal a few kisses, a few touches here and there, but nothing like what had happened in the garden had occurred again.

It was impossible for us to fight against each other in the arena, we knew each other too well, knew how to read the other. And when we fought together, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

I had to keep reminding myself that we were preparing for war.

"Why is it taking so long for Laufey to attack?" I asked Loki one day.

"I do not know, to be honest. But I want him to make the first move." He said.

"The longer he's alive, the stronger he gets. Do you think he knows that?" We were sitting on his balcony in his room.

"Possibly. I don't know how, but it's a possibility. Heimdall's trying to keep an eye on things, but he's spread so thin, keeping an eye on so many things all at once."

I just nodded my head. Loki scooted closer to me on the balcony ledge and ran his fingers through me hair. I closed my eyes.

He kissed my temple lightly and embraced me in a hug.

"Can I tell you something?" he asked, putting his chin on the top of my head.

"Of course." my eyes were still closed.

"I always had the opinion that love makes you weak, that it's just a liability. I've been hurt by all the people that I've loved. But with you, you changed that. Because I don't feel weak, I feel stronger, like I have something worth fighting for. I know, sounds cheesy. But-"

"No. No it doesn't." It sounded exactly right.

He kissed the top of my head. "I love you, Anna. You're making me better, stronger. I owe so much to you."

At first I didn't know what to say. "Let's call it even then, since I owe you for the whole breaking me out of tortureville." I got up and turned to face him, so that I stood between his legs.

"Oh!" I said, and I stretched up to kiss him lightly on the nose and whispered, "I love you, too."

*************
THIS PART MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SOME MATURE CONTENT ;)

At that point, he jumped to his feet and took my hand. He brought it to his face, kissing it lightly, the. His lips traveled up my bare arm. He stopped right before this lips touched my neck, and before I knew it, Loki picked me up and slung me over his shoulder.

I cried out, "Is this really necessary?"

"It's the quickest way."

"Quickest way to wh-?" And then I felt myself falling backwards. There was a slight moment of panic right before I hit the bed, the soft blankets enfolding me.

Loki grinned mischievously.

And then he was on top of me, his mouth colliding with mine. I folded my legs around his hips and pulled him closer. I tugged at his hair and he scratched at my back.

Finally.

I pulled at his shirt. How the hell did you get these things off?

I felt his hand seat mine away as he continued to kiss me, his own hands not fondling with his shirt. Once he had it all undone, he went for my neck.