Chapter 32

(Anna)

Our flight didn't last long.

Soon, there was a terrible clap and all the beautiful colors that had been surrounding us fell away and turned into a black void.

And then we were falling.

Loki held on to me tighter as I screamed.

So this is how I would die.

***********

(Loki)

This was new. I had to admit, this was definitely new.

Almost as soon as we left Earth, we were falling back towards it again. In my head I screamed at Heimdall. This was his job after all.

"I can't bring you through!" I heard Heimdall's voice reverberate in my head. "I have to bring you through separately! Let go of the girl!" He sounded panicked.

And soon, the hard desert floor was in view, and I put my hand out to slow our fall.

**********

(Harry)

There.

Her image was growing clearer. She was coming back to me. But why? Oh, I don't care! She was mine now!

I sprung up to my feet to see about a hundred yards to my left was a dark cloud of swirling smoke raining down from the sky. And I ran.

I don't think I've run faster in all my life.

And soon I saw them. A girl with long blonde hair, and a man I couldn't quite get a view of. All I knew was that he was an Asgardian. They hit the ground with a soft thump and rolled around for a second. But the man was quick to his feet and picked her up to put her on her own legs. He spoke something to her, his hands held out to her, as if telling her not to move, and took a few steps back. She looked panicked and weak.

And then she saw me.

***************
(Anna)

I thought our landing would be harder.

I'd like to say my life flashed before my eyes, but all I could think about was the smell of him. Of Loki.

And dying, of course.

When we landed, I rolled on top of him, and was pretty sure I jabbed him in the stomach. But he didn't complain. Soon he was to his feet and he pulled me up with him.

"Stay there!" he yelled, taking a few steps back from me. "We have to travel separately!" his hands were held out to me, telling me to wait. But then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw movement. I turned my head I see a man angrily running in my direction. It didn't take long for me to figure out who it was.

And I ran towards him.

I heard Loki shout something behind me, and I heard a thunderous boom come from the sky, but I kept running.

I was going to kill this son of a bitch.

I ran harder and harder, I was so close to him that I could see the whites of his hideous eyes. But I soon felt an arm wind around my waist, taking all the air out of my lungs. I was spun around and flung in the other direction. I stumbled a few steps before getting my balance.

And then I was engulfed in that same, blinding vortex of color.

The last thing I saw before shooting back into the sky, was Loki punching that bastard in the face.

*************
(Loki)

I tell her to stay and what does she do?

She runs away.

I turn to follow the uncooperative little girl, gaining on her every second. There is a man with murderous rage running in her direction. They're obviously going to kill each other.

I don't have time for this.

Heimdall, for some annoying reason, can't bring us to Adgard together. And he keeps screaming in my head to get her to stay still.

Because I hadn't thought of that.

I run as fast as I can to grab her, and once I do, I fling her away from the direction she was running. It's just enough for Heimdall to catch her and trap her in the light.

And then I feel someone punch me in the ear. Hard.

I won't admit that it hurt, but I actually, surprisingly did. I turn to see the man Anna was running towards now in my face. "She belongs to me." He spat.

And that's when I punched him in the face.

I backed away, and waited for him to regain his senses as he held his bloody nose. When he finally looked at me I stopped walking, and held my arms out wide, as if to say: come and get it.

And then Heimdall took me home.