Chapter 49

(Anna)

It was Borin.

The guy that I had beaten up. The guy that I had made unconscious. The guy who thought he was tougher than me. And who had found out the hard way that he wasn't.

The guy that was the reason Loki had slapped me.

And now he was here. And I had a big, bad feeling that he wasn't supposed to be.

"Here sweetheart." He cooed. Yes. I'd say he definitely wasn't supposed to be here. I stepped back into the washroom, collecting my thoughts. The dress I was wearing actually came in pieces. The skirt could be removed, revealing a tight pair of pants that were the same color. I ripped of the skirt in a hurry and took off the shawl exposing my chest and shoulders.

And then I stepped out to meet Borin.

A look of surprise and pleasure passed over his face. "Ah, I see you're doing well then."

"Well indeed." We were starting to circle each other.

"I just wanted to say that I didn't want any hard feelings between us sweetheart. Especially now that you're apparently the King's whore." he winked at me and I immediately sent a dozen ice shards his way, whipping my arm around, my fingers pointed like arrows at him.

He dodged the majority of them, but a few shards nicked his arm, drawing blood. "Oops. My bad." I said.

And then he threw a knife at me. Fast.

But I was fast too. I jumped up into the air, using my control of the element to to spin side over side and to keep me elevated just long enough for the knife to pass below me. I landed as soft as a whisper and turned to see that the knife had been imbedded in Loki's wardrobe. "Sheesh. Your cover's really blown now, big guy." I said, cocking my head at him.

And then he came running at me.

And I stood my ground.

I fought against him well for a while, throwing fire and ice at him, dodging his blows. I wasn't trying to defeat him, just wear him out. I figured that my size and minimal energy exertion was in my favor. Once he started to slow down, then I could defeat him, put him down like last time.

This went on for a while, him striking, me dodging, throwing something at him every now and then, and staying light on my feet. It had been a mom time since I had done this. And the last time didn't end too well.

But then, somehow, he got an arm around my neck, choking me. "Got ya, sweetheart." he growled in my ear. "The King was right. You're very powerful. But did you really think you could replace me?" He hissed. So this is what this is all about.

I was trying to rip him off, but the guy was huge. He'd end up ripping my neck from my body before he made me suffocate.

And then I felt a sudden stab in my arm. I looked down in panic to see a very large syringe with a very dark liquid, almost black, being pressed into my veins. I tried to wrestle free, tried to kick and bite. But I was no use. Borin threw the empty syringe across the room, and then threw me to the ground, cackling. I hit the hard floor in my hands and knees roughly, gasping for breath.

"Have fun, sweetheart." Borin grinned evilly and went to the wardrobe, grabbed his knife and walked out of Loki's without looking back.

I looked at the arm that he had stabbed. My veins were a deep purple. And the color was traveling up my arm at an alarming rate. Soon it was up to my shoulder. I screamed in agony, it's as if my body was burning and freezing at the same time. I tried to move to the door, to ask for help, but I couldn't move, every muscle I moved just caused more pain. Why wasn't i healing? WHY WASN'T I HEALING?

Tears were streaming down my face, splashing on the floor. And then I saw a drop of blood, tasting the metallic flavor. I must have bit my lip. I saw the veins on my chest morph color, and then, I felt it. I felt everything. I was dying I was sure of it. I felt EVERYTHING. Everything churning and changing, and dying. I curled up in a ball on the floor, thinking that if I made myself smaller, it would go away.

I don't think I've ever felt this much pain in my entire life.