Chapter 61

(Loki)

I had tried not to look at her.

To respect her privacy. But it became increasingly hard to do, as I had to make sure she got out of the water alright, without slipping or falling.

She had her eyes closed. I tried to focus on them, on her hair, on her face in general. Anything but what was below her neck.

But it was so hard.

All it took was a flick of the eye, and my vision was filled with parts of her that I was trying so hard to let her keep to herself.

I tried. I really did.

But I just wasn't as successful as I wanted to be.

And she was so, so beautiful.

I don't know why it phased me so. Why it made me blush and look away in embarrassment. I had seen literally hundreds of naked women. Hell, I had done a lot more than see them without their clothes.

But I still felt a rush of blood flood my face when my eyes made contact with her body.

I was glad that her eyes were closed.

I helped her out of the bath and then handed her a towel, making sure not to look at her at all.

I asked her if she was alright once I knew she had wrapped herself securely from my gaze. Then I went to get her some clothes. I set them inside the door, still flushed and light-headed from everything about her.

When she said my name, I swear my heart skipped a beat.

And then she thanked me.

She's lucky I didn't swoon.

Instead, I bowed to her, like the gentleman I wanted to be.

What was coming over me? I was giddy and weak. About a girl that I didn't even know.

I think I was in love.