Chapter 7

(Loki)

Before I knew what I was doing, I swung my feet off of the table that they had been residing and rushed to stand, knocking over the foldable chair with a loud bang. This only took a fraction of a second, and before he could even get a squeal out, I had the doctor pinned to the wall, my forearm strangling his neck.

My face was centimeters from his face as he stuggled and tried to call for help, all to no avail. His stuggles were useless against my superior strength. Petty human. 

He was already a few shades paler.

And I was already a few shades redder. 

"You think you're clever don't you?" I growled in his face. He was quickly losing air, and I enjoyed his suffering. The video of the day the girl was captured played on behind me, making me even more furious than I already was. 

"You find it amusing? Experimenting, torturing, a young girl? All so that you can--what?-- make super soldiers? Last time I checked that didn't go too well. You ended up with a huge, green, uncontrollable monster!" I was seething. 

The doctor was trying to say something, his eyes wide with fear. I loosened my hold on his neck ever so slightly. He gasped for air, his arms still trying to push me away. It was like trying to contain a squirming insect. 

I punched him in his stomach. 

He clenched in pain, "Last time checked, that big, green, uncontrollable monster kicked your ass!"

So he recognized who I was then? Very well. 

I smirked at him. "I'll make you a deal doctor. You answer my questions and I'll let you live." I tilted my head, grinning.

"And why would you do that? You obviously know I'd call for help, send agents after you." He propelled his words towards me. 

"Oh, I better run away scared then." I chuckled. "Don't you worry your little heart. I'd be long gone by the time you could even utter my glorious name." I pushed harder on his neck to emphasize my point. "Shall we have a chat?" My eyes bore into his. 

He nodded his head quickly, for lack of air. I released him and harshly pushed him towards the video screen. He stumbled like the bumbling fool he was. 

I pointed to the screen and started the video over. "Explain." I said forcefully. 

Bewildered, he looked from me, to the screen and back. "Why do you care?" His arms were held out, his shoulders bunched up.

"Just answer the question." I took a few steps threatenly toward him. 

" Ok, OK! Anna Williams, normal girl, under the radar. That was until we found out she had powers, and very strong ones at that. She ended up on the streets and was causing chaos. Murdering this way and that, but no one ever lived to tell the tale and no one could seem to catch her. The only reason we found her is because we knew what we were looking for. So we started hunting her before she striked again. She was elusive and smart. So very smart. It's as if she had trained to be a master criminal. She stole from a variety of stores and homes, using fake identities and often changing her own with wigs and body shaping clothing. We hunted her for months. She usually kept to the shadows, but then we caught her hunting a small group of people. She was like an animal. By the time we got there she had slit the throat of the last man of the group, who you see fall to his knees." He points to the screen behind him with his thumb. "Then we started to fight against us. She was insane. Trying to kill anything that moved. We finally got her sedated. The amount we used on her would have killed a normal human being 10 times over! We got her back to the lab and the rest is obvious I'd say." He inhales a deep breath. 

"No...I don't think it is . Because, you see, I still don't understand how she didn't get out, didn't escape." I crossed my arms. I saw him glance at the closed door behind me. 

"Uh, we had been working on a serum. One that could hold someone's abilities back. Very similar to the one Banner used to use. But we had to make one that was specific to the subject. And we did. She could still use her powers, but only if we allowed it. And she could never use her full powers without another serum injected into her for tests." He clears his throat. 

"So this is what SHIELD is doing these days? Human experiments. Why not just take Mr. Patriot's blood? Use it? He is the original super soldier after all." I cock my head to the side. There's something he's not telling me, I can see it in his eyes. 

"Oh, um, well...That...was restricted a long time ago. No one touches Mr. Rogers." He was starting to sweat, making his face appear greasier than it already was. 

I walked towards him slowly. He could only back away so far. "Now doctor, I know there's something you're not telling me." I shove him against the wall and put my face to his, our noses nearly touching. "And you're going to tell me exactly what that is, or I'm going to snap your neck." His eyes widened. "It just takes a flick of the wrist." And I quickly reached my hand around the back of his neck, holding firmly. Surprisingly, this didn't make him squirm. 

I tried not to show my confusion when he said, "Come closer, I'll whisper it to you." 

And what he uttered made me see stars.