Chapter 35

(Anna)

When I woke, the lights hit me hard. They were bright and unwavering. I don't remember falling asleep. The last thing I do remember is being carried away by two very large guards and me screaming at Loki.

Because he wouldn't let me go back.

But I had to. It was my duty to avenge those who he had hurt. The nameless man who was responsible for my capture so many years ago. He was responsible for the death of so many. And for the death of my spirit.

He deserved to die.

But Loki didn't understand. And I doubt he ever would. He lived in his big, magical world. My problems were the least of his concern.

I got up off the small, but very comfortable bed I had been lying on. My head began to pound as I sat up. I must have been hit.

The room I was in was lightly furnished, with just a bed, a small table with a small basket of fruit, chair, and a nightstand with a few books and a glass of water on it.

The room not only had bright, sun worthy lights, but had 3 pristine white walls as well. Where the fourth wall should have been, was an opening. I slowly got up to walk out of the enclosing. As I stepped closer, I noticed the opening shimmered with a sort of yellow-gold light.

No.

I slowly walked towards the shimmer, my hand shakily out reached.

My heat broke when it made contact.

I was in a cell.