Chapter 34

(Loki)

I went to my chamber and sat on my bed. My head hurt and I was worn out from the last few week's events. But I couldn't rest yet, there were still a few things I had to take care of. 

First I had to talk to Heimdall about what had happened. I had ordered him to meet me in the throne room, so he was probably already there. I reluctantly stood up and went to my wardrobe to change clothes. 

I left my room in simple black trousers and boots, and a comfortable black cotton shirt with long sleeves. 

"Your Highness." Heimdall said as I entered the throne room. I was king after all. 

"You konw why I asked you here." I said shallowly, sitting on the throne. This headache would not cease. 

"My King, I do not know why I could not bring you through together. All I know was that there was a very black aura around the pair of you when you touched. Black is not good sire." Heimdall hung his head. 

"What does a black aura mean exactly?" I asked, trying not to let my voice shake. 

Heimdall looked up at me with sad eyes. "Death. Death and destruction and pain. When two people's aura's mix and become one, it tells something about how those two people are together." He paused. "Your majesty."

"Heimdall, you and I both know my heart is not made of rainbows and love. So what I'm getting is that by mixing the girl and I, we are dangerous. That's not such a bad thing in my opinion. But you're not telling me something." I pointed a finger at him. I knew he was smart, but so was I. 

He took a deep breath. "The black aura that surrounds you when you touch means that you will be the death of each other. That you should under no circumstances be near one another. It's the opposite of a soul mate. You two are dangerous together, yes, but it is so much more than that. You could destroy everything in your path, including yourselves." He kept his gaze on me this time, trying to make a point. 

It was definately made. 

"Thank you. You may leave." I leaned forward and put my head in my hands. 

Heimdall turned to leave. Before he went through the doors he turned back. "If I were you, sir, I would take her back to Midgard and leave it at that." And he left. 

This was all going completely opposite of what I had in mind. 

Fate truly did hate me. 

I turned to one of the guards standing near the throne. "Go get the physician." 

I now had a feeling Anna's breathing problems weren't because of her lungs.