Chapter One

07/07/2017

Kristin and her younger brother, Marcus, were complete opposites.

Kristin had her mother's long, blonde hair and her father's bright blue eyes. Marcus had her father's dark brown hair and her mother's green eyes.

In addition, while she was human, her brother was a wolf.

It was hard when she didn't get her wolf at fourteen when everyone was shifting. Even worse when her brother shifted two years later when he was fourteen. She was glad he got a wolf though, there was definitely more pressure since he was next in line for Alpha.
She never had a wolf, yet her brother's was way above average, being super big and fast. It had Alpha blood after all.

Thankfully, her family didn't care whether she had a wolf or not, since her mother was human herself. That's why Kristin was half Werewolf.
Her father was a dominant Alpha Werewolf, her mother a human. Therefore her and her brother were half bloods.

Half bloods usually shifted late, at age eighteen or not at all. She turned eighteen three months ago, and nothing.

After a couple weeks she finally recovered from the disappointment.
She was fine now, honestly she would rather be a part of the human world rather than the wolf world. It was a surprise however, that her brother shifted when he was fourteen like a full blood would, instead of eighteen. Maybe it was the Alpha blood, her family thought.

So basically Kristin and her younger brother were complete opposites.

This was why she tried staying out of the pack business and wolf world. It was hard because she was living with two werewolves; her father and brother. One of them was running the entire pack around them of two hundred and fourteen wolves.

Kristin was glad when she found her 'human friends,' as they called each other.

Allison was completely one hundred percent human. Her parents divorced when she was young, and her mother remarried her current-husband: a werewolf who was her mate.

Logan was half wolf like Kristin: his father was human and mother was wolf. However, he was one of the few half bloods who did shift when he turned eighteen four months ago.

Kristin, Logan, and Allison had been friends for over ten years by now though, so they were nice enough to keep him in their 'human group'. Logan would rather hang out with them anyway, admitting that the other wolves their age were complete jerks.

Kristin was shopping at the mall with her two friends currently, her and Allison were about to go into a makeup store.

Logan was flipping out.

"Ugh, do you guys have to go in there?" he pointed into the store like it was the most horrid place on earth.

"Uh, yes!" Allison replied in a 'duh' tone, widening her brown eyes at Logan.

He looked to Kristin with a pleasing expression.

"Sorry Logan, we won't be long," she chuckled as he ran his hand through his dirty blonde hair roughly.

"I really need more guy friends," he muttered.

"No, we're all you need," Allison flipped her short light brown hair over her shoulder, and nudged his arm with her shoulder because he was so tall.

This caused Logan to chuckle and ruffle Allison's hair.

"Hey!" she squirmed out of his reach and hid behind Kristin.