Chapter Fifteen

07/17/2017

Kristin reluctantly held her lips to Alex's for a few more seconds.

She hadn't intended to kiss him. She didn't even like Alex like that, however she was blinded by anger, thanks to Ryder.

Kristin pulled away, hearing a growl coming from the kitchen.

"Seriously?" The look on Ryder's face grew dark.

"What?" she snapped.

She willed herself to hold Ryder's glare across the room.

His eyes were almost black, and his hands were in fists at his sides.

He was fighting his wolf not to shift. Kristin remembered the few times she had witnessed her father and brother get this mad before.

It didn't end well.

In that moment, Alex decided to be brave, wrapping his hand around Kristin's waist and pulling her closer to him, eyeing Ryder.

He must have had a death wish.

Ryder took a step closer to them, growling loudly at Alex.

"Let's go," Kristin whispered, tugging on Alex's hand.

She led him to the door and pushed him outside, afraid of what Ryder would do to him.

Right before she was able to follow Alex outside, a hand grabbed her arm and yanked her back inside.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"None of your business," Kristin said, not knowing where her sudden bravery came from.

Ryder was even scaring her at this point.

"It is my business."

"No, it's not. You don't own me."

He narrowed his eyes at her, "If you let anyone see you together, the alliance is off."

She internally gulped at what she was about to say.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take."

Ryder growled loudly at her, showing his teeth. She had never seen this side to him before, and she was terrified.

"If he tries anything, I'm killing him."

His dark eyes met her's briefly, before he pulled away and walked out of sight.

Kristin's hand trembled as she shut the door behind her and walked over to Alex's car. 

"Kristin, are you okay?" he asked, helping her into the passenger seat.

"I'm okay," she replied, trying not to let her voice shake.

"What was that about?" Alex asked, creasing his brow.

"It's nothing," Kristin shook her head, "Let's just go back to town."

As they drove back to civilization, Kristin nervously checked the rear view mirror, waiting to either see Ryder's car racing after him, or his wolf.