Chapter Fifty Four

12/23/2017

*Happy New Year!

"You're such a great Luna," Kayla finally spoke up, "You will be as great as Luna Rose was, I can see it already."

"I agree," Iris said, "So to answer your question about that day, when Alpha Rickard kidnapped you, the pack was unaware."

"No one knew anything was happening," Kayla agreed, "The only time we heard anything was when we all felt the loss of the Alpha."

"That must have been hard for you," Kristin said, "Even if you didn't like him, he still was your Alpha."

"Our wolves wanted to stay loyal to him," she nodded, "But also our wolves knew that what the Alpha was doing was wrong, Luna Rose would never approve of his actions."

"So when we found out he was gone," Iris continued, "We were relieved, but also scared because we heard the rumors that Alpha Gabriel and his mate were also gone."

"Soon after everything, Alpha Ryder confirmed what had happened. He had told us that his father, brother, and sister in law were dead," she shook her head sadly, "If it weren't for him stepping up to take the Alpha position, our pack wouldn't be like it is today. Without a definite leader, the pack would fall apart, even if another Alpha tried taking over."

"No one told us what had happened to you though," Kayla said, "We knew Alpha Ryder had found his mate, but you were no where to be found."

"I was kidnapped by Rickard," Kristin confirmed, sighing, "I was at the pack doctor after that for a while and then Ryder sent me back to my pack."

"You were hurt?" Iris asked worriedly.

"I'm okay," Kristin shook her head. She didn't remember any physical damage besides her stomach. That was fully healed now. The worst of it was the emotional pain from watching everything that had happened. She didn't want to think about it.

It was Iris' turn to squeeze Kristin's hand.

"Thank you for becoming the Luna. I know after everything you went through it must have been hard."

"And Alpha Ryder. I'm glad you two are our Alphas now," Kayla added, smiling.

"You guys are too nice," Kristin said, feeling overwhelmed from the kindness and support they were giving her.

Was this what it was like to spend time with the pack? She should have done this a long time ago. If only she hadn't been so afraid that they wouldn't like her, she could have been a better Luna and met everyone.

"Do you think you could help me meet more of the pack? I would love to be introduced to all of you," Kristin smiled, realizing that was what the Luna celebration was for.

Was she ready for it all of a sudden? She never imagined meeting two pack members would change her mind about postponing it.

However right now they should focus on the celebration uniting Nightfall and Spirit Moon. It was a week away after all.

"Yes we would love to!" Kayla said excitedly.

"We could bring you with us to meet the pack members near our houses tomorrow," Iris nodded.