Chapter Sixty Four

02/27/2018

The next day Kristin woke up feeling horrible. Her nose was running and she felt congested with a terrible headache.

She groaned, holding her head as she sat up and squinted at the clock.

It was just past six in the morning, which explained why Ryder was still sleeping beside her.

She peeked over at him, liking how peaceful he looked.

Kristin sniffed, pulling out her phone to try and take her mind off of her pounding headache. It turned out that looking at her screen wasn't helping, so she huffed and sat back, leaning against the headboard.

She peered at the clock again, which read 6:27 and sighed at how slow time was moving.

Just then Ryder shifted beside her, rolling over and facing her, "What's wrong?"

She blinked at him while he rubbed his eyes and stretched.

"Did you have a nightmare?" she watched as his forehead creased.

"No," she sighed, "I think I'm sick."

"Really?" Ryder sat up, looking at her curiously.

"Yes," she hissed, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples.

She knew he probably thought it strange that she was sick, but she was a human. Wolves didn't get the common cold but she sure did.

"Should we go to the doctor?" he asked, unsure of what to do.

"No, I just have to wait it out," she shook her head, which made her headache worse.

"Are you sure? Isn't there something you can do?" he pressed, watching her wince.

"I—"

"What about medicine?" he interrupted.

"Do you have medicine for a cold?" she wondered, raising her brow.

Her mom usually had some on hand, since she was a normal person who could get sick too.

"Like Tylenol?" Ryder asked.

"I guess that would help my headache," she nodded, watching him quickly go downstairs.

She smiled as he hurried back with a bottle in his hand and a glass of water in the other.

"Here."

"Thanks." Kristin took a small white pill out and handed it back to Ryder.

"You're just taking one?" he looked at the bottle.

"That's extra strength, and it recommends one on the bottle," she paused, "I'm a human remember? One will work."

"Right," he muttered, watching her drink the water, "So how long does this last?"

"I don't know, a couple of days I think. I don't really get sick often," she laid back, pulling the covers over her.

Kristin drifted in and out of sleep while Ryder showered and got ready to go to the pack building.

"I'm coming too—" she started saying before he cut her off.

"Kristin, you're sick," he shook his head, "You have to stay here and rest."

"I don't want to be here by myself all day," she whined.

"I have to at least go check on things and then I'll come back."

"How long will that take?" she asked, looking at the clock.

"Only an hour or two," he assured, although she frowned at him.