Chapter Twenty Six

08/13/2017

*Here ya go, thanks for voting!

Kristin abruptly awoke from a nightmare, jolting up and gasping.

After seconds of looking around her familiar bedroom, she sat back down and let out a breath.

She was surprised she had even fell asleep in the first place. The last time she had looked at the clock it had been almost five in the morning.

She must have actually fallen asleep, and two hours later it was now seven o'clock.

She groaned, rubbing her tired eyes and trying not to think about what had happened last night.

Had it just been another nightmare? Maybe she had been sleeping the whole time.

However as pain shot through her exhausted body when she got up, she knew she hadn't gotten hardly any sleep.

She went straight to the shower to wash away the nightmares and anxiety, however this hardly helped.

It only gave her more time to think.

The pain in her chest increased with every minute she spent awake, and after her shower she slipped on some sweats and headed back to her bed.

She wrapped herself in her blankets, trying to find some comfort through her pain.

Why was she hurting so much?

Surely the bond couldn't cause actual physical pain.

However living in a pack of werewolves had taught her that it was nearly impossible to fight the mate bond.

So now what was she doing?

Trying to fight the mate bond.

She wanted to go see Ryder, but at the same time she didn't want to.

She was scared he'd just try to push her away again.

What had changed his mind? He had seemed fine with their conversation yesterday morning and she thought they were good.

Were mates always this complicated and hard?

Kristin tiredly sat in bed, wishing she could go back to sleep, but even in the daylight, the nightmares haunted her.

She wondered if she would ever not be haunted by memories of blood and murder.

Kristin's phone rang on her nightstand, making her jump.

She eagerly looked at the caller ID but sighed with relief when she saw Allison's name.

"Hello."

"Hey Kristin, whatcha doing?" Allison's cheery voice lightened Kristin's mood.

"I'm still in bed," she chuckled, looking at the time which read nine thirty am.

"That's okay, I'll come to you. I want to hang out, and you need to catch me up on everything!"