Chapter Fifty One

12/03/2017

Just minutes after Ryder had left, Evelyn was walking through the door.

"How many people are outside?" Kristin questioned when she peeked out the door before shutting and locking it. Realistically a lock wouldn't protect her from wolves but she did it anyways.

"Ryder has at least ten guards around this house," Evelyn shook her head but smiled.

"It's that bad?" Kristin tried to look out the window but Evelyn pulled her away.

"It'll be okay, Kristin," she nodded reassuringly, sitting her on the couch.

Kristin saw a look of worry on her face, however, before she took a seat next to her.

"I wish I could do something," Kristin muttered, putting her face in her hands.

"Hey, the most important thing you can do is keep yourself safe right now. I know I'm all about girl power but if you get hurt a lot of people will be affected," Evelyn gave her a sad smile.

"Because I'm a human," Kristin nodded, knowing she'd be no help and just put everyone in danger by being a distraction.

"Ryder doesn't even want me to be on the front line of the fighters," Evelyn shrugged, "It is dangerous."

Kristin nodded, sighing.

"But I'm going to be on it one day," Evelyn finished, grinning.

Kristin chuckled before hearing a phone start to ring.

"Oh, no," Evelyn muttered, looking down at her phone, "I have to take this."

Kristin nodded and was about to get up to leave when Evelyn grabbed her arm.

"You can stay," she chuckled, "I'm guarding you, after all."

She pressed a button and brought the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

Kristin tried not to listen in, but the worry in Evelyn's voice concerned her.

"No! Brandon, please don't," Evelyn sounded distressed and slightly panicked.

"You need to leave," she said, her voice serious.

Kristin gave her a worried look but she was too focused on whoever was talking on the other end.

"Wait, no! Brandon don't—" she brought the phone down, sighing loudly.

"Something's wrong?" Kristin asked.

Evelyn groaned, standing up and pacing.

Finally, she stopped and shook her head.

"I need to go," she looked like she was trying to decide what to do.

"I'm sorry Kristin, I have to go but I'll be back soon."

"Wait, Evelyn," Kristin followed her to the door, "Let me come."

She shook her head, "It's too dangerous to go out right now."

"But where are you going? What's wrong?"

Evelyn hesitated before replying.

"Someone is going to get hurt if I don't go and stop them."

"Stop who?" Kristin scrunched her brows, "Who will get hurt?"

Evelyn took a deep breath before answering.

"My mate..."

Kristin's eyes widened, "I didn't know you had a mate? I'll come with you and help," she insisted.

Evelyn thought her words over before looking at the time on her phone.

"Okay, but we'll have to sneak past all ten guards outside."

  •.    •.    •.    •.    •. 

Chapter 51...

So sorry for what's to come lol.

Thanks for reading! This was a weird Tuesday update but finals week is next week so everything's crazy.

The next couple chapters I am going to need your help with! The part before this chapter labeled 'I Need Your Help' is where I need your comments, perspectives, and viewpoints on a certain something... go check it out!

Also vote if you'd like!

Chica_2016