Chapter Twenty Five

08/11/2017

*When I write on my phone it won't let me italicize, so bolded words are supposed to be italicized.

By the time Kristin had gone back home, it was getting late.

She walked through the front door, the kitchen and living room appeared to be empty.

"And where have you been?" Her father's voice made her jump.

It wasn't unusual for her to be caught off guard by her father and brother since they could be absolutely silent when they wanted to. She was still annoyed when her human senses couldn't hear them approaching her.

Werewolves.

"I went to visit Allison and Logan," she said, trying to act casual once her beating heart calmed down.

"Where did you go after?" Her father crossed his arms, his aura of power hitting her strongly.

Dang. She had never been able to lie to her father when he was focusing on her like this.

It was impossible to keep her heart rate calm and her nerves normal when she was being questioned.

"Well," she paused, walking around the kitchen to grab an apple, still trying to delay her response. "I might have went to see Ryder."

She looked up at her father and grimaced, knowing he wouldn't like her traveling on her own. He still hadn't given her guards yet. Mostly because he didn't know she was planning on leaving pack territory.

"I know, I can smell him on you," he replied, toning down his Alpha side once he got the truth out of her.

Kristin tried not to blush at his comment. Did she really smell like Ryder? They hardly even--

Oh, the hug.

"Kristin, you know if you go outside of our territory you need guards. It's not safe to be by yourself, especially when you can be used against two Alphas now."

Kristin nodded, knowing that he was saying the truth. If someone got a hold of her, they could practically control two huge packs by using her as a threat to her father and Ryder.

She just really didn't want guards. After feeling how freeing it felt to be independent and most importantly, by herself, she didn't want to go back to having a random pack member with her.

"I'm sorry," she said when her father continued to watch her.

"I know it's a hassle to be guarded, your mother hated it too. But it's worth keeping you safe, now more than ever."

She nodded, trying not to pout.

"We need to talk," her father nodded his head towards his office upstairs, "There is a lot to discuss with Ryder now in charge of Nightfall."

Kristin followed him upstairs and found her mother sitting in a chair near her father's desk.

"Kristin, we were getting worried," she exclaimed when she saw her, "When we realized you weren't in pack territory we thought something horrible had happened!"