Chapter Thirty Three

08/18/2017

Kristin followed Ryder to his office.

He shoved the papers he was given into his drawer, "So was that way more boring than you thought?" Ryder asked, grinning.

"It went better than I thought," she truthfully said.

"You must have had really low expectations then," Ryder smirked, pushing her out the door.

"I was expecting an entire room of Liams," Kristin laughed.

"Liam," Ryder chuckled, "He's my favorite."

"I still think Ethan's too young though," Kristin creased her forehead, thinking back to the sixteen year old in a room full older guys.

"He's just two years younger than you," Ryder shrugged.

"Still," Kristin shook her head.

"He's fine, he likes the title more than I do," Ryder waved her worry off.

"Maybe I should let him be the Alpha," he added, acting like he was thinking about the idea.

"As long as it's not Jake, then I'm good," Kristin smirked. Jake was too much. She couldn't tell how she felt about him yet, but judging at how he spoke to Ryder, she was starting to like him.

"Jake is..." Ryder trailed off, starting his car.

"He's funny," Kristin laughed.

"Not when you have to spend hours with him," Ryder groaned.

She didn't think Jake was that bad, Ryder was just exaggerating.

"Where are we going to eat?" She asked, changing the subject.

"You are about to eat the best pancake you've ever had in your life," he stated, looking excited.

"Only you would be that excited over food," Kristin shook her head.

"Who isn't excited about pancakes?" Ryder asked, giving her a serious look and sounding slightly offended.

"You're such a child," she mused.

"I'm only nineteen, I am a child," he argued.

Once they were inside the cafe he drove to, it took Ryder a couple of minutes to convince Kristin to admit that the pancakes were the best she's ever tasted, but she finally gave in.

"Told you," Ryder said, looking smug.

She rolled her eyes, taking another bite.

"I knew these pancakes would get you to eat," he looked pleased with himself as she took another bite of the delicious pancake.

"I am getting my appetite back," Kristin nodded. Yesterday all she could get down were the fries she had for dinner.

"You look better," he studied her face, reaching out to brush his finger under her eye.

"I still have dark circles," she tried not to focus on his touch.

"Yeah, but you have more color. Yesterday you were super pale," he brought his hand back and took another bite of pancakes.