Chapter Sixty Three

02/20&25/2018

Ryder looked at her like she was crazy, "And why is that?"

"The pack was so happy at the alliance party, and they've been extremely nice to me," she said, shaking her head, "Now they're sad and afraid after the rogue attack. I can feel it. They're all mourning the loss of those fighters. They need something to look forward to again."

"Kristin, I don't want you doing this just for them."

"What do you mean?"

"You said you weren't ready for the Luna celebration. I don't want you doing this just so the pack will be happy."

"I want to do this, Ryder," she said seriously, "Not only to cheer up the pack and give them something to look forward to, but because I want to."

Ryder looked at her for a minute before speaking up.

"Okay, if you say so."

"You don't sound that thrilled," she commenting, crossing her arms.

He chuckled, "Don't worry, I am."

"You sure sound like it," she replied sarcastically. She was frustrated now that he was making her second guess herself. But she knew what she wanted.

"Kristin," he gave her a pointed look.

"You don't have to come to the celebration if you don't want to," she interrupted, "You just won't be able to meet the Luna..."

"Oh, I would love to meet her," he rolled his eyes, "I heard she has a pretty sexy mate."

"Really?" she asked, not amused.

"It's a rumor," he shrugged.

"Well most rumors aren't true," she fake smiled at him and yawned.

"You need to go to sleep. You aren't making any sense."

She just rolled her eyes, laying back down on the couch. After ten more minutes of looking through random pack documents, she was fast asleep.

Ryder glanced up at her, the corner of his mouth pulling up.

"How long was I out?" Kristin sat up after she had woken up a while later.

"Mmm about two hours," Ryder looked at the clock.

"What?" she said, surprised. She hadn't planned to sleep that long, she had only wanted to take a short nap. How much had she missed?

"I'm kidding," he smirked, his eyes glinting, "You were only asleep for twenty minutes."

Kristin narrowed her eyes at him, getting up to stretch.

"How long are you going to be here?" she groaned.

"I don't know," he replied in the same tone, watching her stretch.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Kristin wasted no time in opening it.

"Ethan!" she stepped forward and hugged him, relieved to see him after yesterday's events.

"Hey," he awkwardly hugged her back, looking cautiously to Ryder.

"Guess what?" Kristin pulled away, smiling at Ethan. She was glad to see him, the last time hadn't been under pleasant circumstances.

"I'm not that great of a guesser," Ethan chuckled, walking in and closing the door.

"The Luna Celebration is on," she told him, sitting on the back of a chair.

"Really?" Ethan looked to Ryder, hopeful.