Chapter Thirty One

08/18/2017

Cousins?

Evelyn and Ryder were cousins?

Kristin broke out into a smile, "I try," she said, causing Ryder to roll his eyes and Evelyn to chuckle. "It's nice meeting you too," she added before they exchanged their orders and she left for the kitchen.

"That's your cousin?" Kristin raised her brows at Ryder, finding this to be very unexpected.

"Kristin, half of the people in this pack are related to me, why are you so surprised?" he gave her a look of confusion.

She shook her head, shrugging. She was just glad they were cousins, she hated to admit her jealousy over him. It was annoying.

"What side is she from?" she cautiously asked him, not wanting to bring up Rickard again. She was curious though.

"My mom had four other sisters, Evelyn is from her side," he replied, "My father was an only child."

"Oh," Kristin was beginning to realize she had a lot more to learn about Ryder. Exactly why they should take this slow.

"Does that mean this was your mom's pack?" she asked, realizing that all of that side his family lived here.

He nodded, "She didn't have any brothers, so since she was the oldest, whoever her mate was, would become the Alpha."

Kristin was hesitant to keep asking him questions about his family, since obviously that was a sore subject, so she just nodded, hiding her curiosity.

"How long was I sleeping, back there?" she asked, changing the subject.

"Only for half an hour," Ryder said, scrunching his brows, "Then you started crying and panicking so I woke you up."

Kristin looked out the window to her right, avoiding his gaze.

"They're about what happened, aren't they?" he asked, looking intently at her.

"They're different each time," she shrugged, only half lying.

She was still looking out the window, not wanting to let him see her eyes. Then he would know for sure she was lying.

At the best moment possible, Evelyn came back with their food, making Ryder drop the subject.

"Alright, I'll see you around, Alpha," she teased Ryder, "And it was really nice meeting you, Kristin. I'm glad Ryder found you," she smirked at Ryder before walking away.

Ryder rolled his eyes, digging into his food.

Kristin munched on some french fries, not having a big appetite.

When Ryder was done he looked over at her plate.

"Kristin, why aren't you eating anything?"

"I'm not hungry," she shrugged. The last couple of days she hadn't really ate much, so this was normal-- well, normal for these circumstances.

"You haven't eaten since you got here earlier today," he said suspiciously.

Actually, she had skipped breakfast as well. She wasn't about to tell him that though.