Chapter Sixty Nine

11/28/2019

"Ryder!" Kristin raised her voice to snap him out of his daze.

She had just walked out of their closet to find him staring out the window in silence.

Ryder turned around, eyes trailing up and down her dress as she walked closer.

"Zip me up," she smirked as she turned around and held her hair to the side— coincidentally leaving her marked side uncovered.

"Is that an order?" he challenged, although his hands were already zipping up her dress.

"Thank you," she turned around smiling up at him.

He flicked her nose in response and walked over to sit down on the couch.

"Let's go over the security plan," he said as she sat down at the vanity to put on mascara.

She glanced at his reflection behind her, his stare was so intent, so serious.

"If anything suspicious happens my guards will be alerted and escort me to the safe quarters nearby," she tried to hide her sarcasm, but he had been going over the security plan since they had gotten out of bed this morning.

She got up and frowned at his serious face, "Nothing is going to happen, Ryder."

He sighed, getting up, "I just want you to be safe."

"I will be," she wrapped her arms around his waist, letting her head fall into his chest, "Everything will be fine."

She felt him relax under her embrace and she was glad she could comfort him.

They all had been nervous about the rogues and Karmin trying to infiltrate the pack, as it could happen anytime.

Everyone in the pack had routinely practiced the safety procedures, making sure everyone knew where to go in the case the pack was infiltrated. There were underground safe houses spread out throughout the pack where they would go and lock themselves in until hearing it was safe again.

Kristin and Ryder split up, each going to a different area to help with the pack's safety training. It helped the members to see them there, and gave them a chance to voice any of their concerns they had.

Alternatively, the pack's fighters were alert and ready to go if needed. They were all as prepared as they could be.

Not much later, Ryder and Kristin were walking outside to where the Luna celebration would take place.

It had a similar set up to the alliance celebration that was at her pack a while ago. There was a stage that was lit up and tables and chairs spread out on the open lawn. Trees had lights wrapped around them to keep the area lit as the sun started to set later on.

Kristin took a deep breath in as they walked toward the crowd of people, feeling Ryder squeeze her hand in his.

"You'll do great, Kristin," he smirked down at her.

She just nodded, too nervous to pay attention to his teasing. Although she could feel her heart beating fast, she felt the support around her, not only from Ryder but from the whole pack.

She knew she was as ready as she'd ever be.

☆_____________________☆

Thanks for reading and voting :)