Chapter Fifty Eight

12/28&30/2017

The rest of the week went by with Kristin waking up to go to training at eight, then she'd go to the pack building and find something else to do. She was constantly doing something, not wanting to give herself time to think.

When Ethan asked if she was okay she told him she didn't want to talk about it, wanting to ignore her problems like he did. That way, she'd stay numb and try to go along normally.

It was currently Friday, the day before the celebration, and she hadn't seen him in over three days. The last time was when she ran out of Ethan's office, leaving him with a beyond furious wolf at what she had said.

She had just finished up with a meeting for the celebration and was going to spend the rest of the day helping some of the women cook and bake for tomorrow.

The celebration would be held at Spirit Moon, in a wide open field that would have tables set up around a tall wooden stage.

She knew she would have to stand up there with Ryder during the 'unity' of the packs, however she had no idea what she was supposed to do.

The women gave her ideas of what might happen but either way, her and Ryder wouldn't be on the same page. Unless of course, by some miracle, they saw each other and had a civil conversation before the celebration but she highly doubted that would happen.

Waking up the next morning, Kristin threw on some comfy clothes, packed her makeup and dress for the celebration, and drove to the pack building.

She knew the planning committee would head over early, while the rest of the pack would leave later for when it started at six o'clock.

Two SUVs were parked outside of the building, some of the women already getting their things packed.

"Luna," Ethan addressed as she got out of her car.

"Hey Ethan," she smiled weakly, although it was more of a grimace. She was worn out from the previous week of fighting and constant pain that she didn't have it in her to fake an actual smile anymore.

She saw the concern in Ethan's eyes but was glad he didn't bring anything up.

"Are you planning on going with the committee?" he questioned, watching her grab her bags from the back seat.

"Yeah, I figured I'd go with them and help set up. I also wouldn't mind visiting with my family before the celebration starts."

"Okay," he hesitated, "What is the best way we can let the Alpha know?"

"I'm sure he won't mind if I go to Spirit Moon early. I'll have guards come with me for the ride, but it's not that far from here anyways."

"Should I ask him?" Ethan asked, pointing to his head.

Kristin nodded, walking over to put her bags in the SUV.

"Luna!" Kayla peaked out from the backseat, "Are you coming with us?"

"I want to help you guys set up," she nodded.

"Awesome!"

"Okay," Ethan said from behind her, "He just said I have to assign you guards before you leave."