Chapter Thirty Four

08/18/2017

"I'm not apologizing anymore," he gave her a flat look, turning his attention back to his laptop.

She moved in front of him, standing between his legs.

He tore his gaze from the laptop and looked up at her again.

"I know what you're doing and it's not going to work," although he ran his eyes down her body.

She raised a brow, moving to sit on his lap, straddling him.

Where in the hell had she gotten this confidence? She wasn't sure.

All she knew was that she was now sitting on Ryder's lap, and he wasn't attempting to move her.

He actually brought his hands to her thighs, still giving her a suspicious look.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning closer.

From this view, she watched with fascination as his blue eyes swirled with black. His dark lashes blinking at her.

She was so focused on his eyes that she was caught off guard when he leaned in to kiss her.

His lips brushed hers, igniting little balls of electricity exploding inside of her.

She pulled back before he could completely distract her, and triumphantly smirked as he growled at her.

"If you want me to apologize, that's not going to happen," he snapped, looking back to her lips.

She leaned forward only to quickly pull away when he tried kissing her again.

She felt his hands tighten around her thighs.

"You won't let me kiss you until I apologize?" he rolled his eyes at her.

She nodded, grinning at his frustration.

After finding his willpower, Ryder brought his hands to her waist, picking her up off of him.

"I'm not that easy," he smirked, turning away to his laptop again.

Kristin raised her eyebrows, walking out of his office.

Dang.

This was harder than she thought. Why couldn't he just give in? She had to come up with a better plan.

After another couple of hours, Kristin hadn't thought of a plan.

She had called Allison and talked to her for almost an hour, she had aimlessly watched a random movie that was on, and she even found something to make dinner in his kitchen.

Only for her, of course.

She started getting antsy when six o'clock rolled around. Ryder had been shut up in his office for the last three hours straight. He didn't even come down to eat. Well, he did have a fridge in his office but still.

Kristin was going crazy from boredness and decided to go upstairs and find something else to distract her with.

She walked into a large workout room, weight machines and treadmills galore.