Chapter Eight

07/10/2017

"I'm not wearing this," Kristin said, pushing the beautiful ring away.

Ryder rolled his eyes, "Don't be such a drama queen."

Kristin wasn't being a drama queen. One look at that beautiful diamond ring Ryder had handed her, and she was internally freaking out.

Okay, and externally freaking out too.

She sighed, looking back at the ring on the counter.

Why had he picked out such a beautiful expensive one?

Maybe he would reuse it when he actually got married?

But why on earth would he trust Kristin to wear it? She didn't even trust herself.

"Fine, don't wear it, but you have to when we go for dinner with our parents tonight."

"Right," she replied, still eyeing the ring like it was the most evil thing in the world.

The most beautiful evil thing in the world.

"I seriously am such a better driver," Ryder said as Kristin parked the car in front of Violet's Diner.

"If you say one more thing about my driving, I'm going to punch you."

"I'd like to see you try," Ryder grinned and hopped out of the car before she could react.
And before she could punch him.

She was surprised when her door opened and looked up at Ryder, scrunching her eyebrows.

"Now you decide to be chivalrous?"

"Only because your parents are watching us from inside," he said, smiling (fake) sweetly, and holding his hand out to her.

"What a gentlemen," she sighed, putting her hand in his, allowing him to escort her inside.

The feeling of them holding hands felt weird to Kristin. She admittedly liked the feeling of warmth from his hand, covering hers.

This was for her parent's sake, she thought, as they walked through the front door.

Sitting around the table next to the windows sure enough, were her parents. And Alpha Rickard.

"Ryder, Kristin, nice to see you," her father and mother hugged her before sitting back down.

Alpha Rickard just nodded to Ryder, "Son."

Ryder took a seat on the other side of the table, directly in front of Kristin.

Kristin's hand went to her ring, and she noticed that she was wearing two today. Looking down, she realized she had the engagement ring on.

Almost forgot about that.

She looked across to Ryder who had noticed her movements.

He gave her a slight nod, as if to reassure her that everything would be okay.

"Kris, you look nice tonight," Amelia smiled at her daughter.