Chapter Forty Six

10/22&23/2017

Ryder didn't look like he liked this idea.

"Your guard can't just be anyone Kristin," he scolded.

Kristin removed her hands from his neck and took a step back to cross her arms.

"I won't pick just anyone. I'll chose a fighter," she smiled.

Ryder shook his head, knowing where she was going with this, "Evelyn is not going to be your guard."

"Why not? Because she's a girl?" Kristin accused.

"You need someone more experienced. Someone who doesn't get into trouble all the time."

"So you want me to have a male guard?" she asked, already knowing what to say.

Ryder frowned at her wording, "I want you to have a strong experienced guard."

"I should have known," she groaned, shaking her head.

"What?"

"You're sexist," she frowned.

Ryder gave her a look that said 'stop being dramatic', "Just because a male guard happens to be more qualified to guard a Luna than a female, doesn't mean I'm sexist."

"Yes it does."

"No it doesn't," he argued.

"Fine," Kristin sighed, thinking of another idea to try.

"Fine what?"

"I'll have a male guard, if that's what you want?"

Ryder looked at her suspiciously, not replying.

"I'm just surprised you want me to be alone with a guy," she casually replied, focusing her attention on her phone.

"I'm their Alpha. They won't do anything," he narrowed his eyes.

She shrugged, "If you say so..."

"I'll give you two guards then," he added, thinking over her words. Kristin knew the guards wouldn't do anything, she just wanted to see if she could make Ryder jealous by implying she'd be alone with other guys. So far it was working.

"Sure, the more the better," she winked at him, biting her lip to stop laughing.

"Stop," he said, unamused.

Kristin smiled up at him, while he glared down at her.

"If Evelyn is your guard, I'm only going to give her one chance," he warned.

Her smile grew.

"Okay, bye," she was eager to leave now that she could take Evelyn with her.

Ryder held her in place, "I'm serious, Kristin. If she lets something happen, I'm giving you my own guards."

"Of course," she rolled her eyes at him.

He gave her a flat look, probably waiting for her to act serious.

"Can I go now?"

He sighed, "Yes."

"Stop worrying Ryder, nothing will happen," she didn't realize her going to town would make a huge deal. Of course with the rogues around it could be dangerous, yet she'd be in public among many other humans.