Chapter Fifty Nine

12/30/2017

The time for the celebration was near and Kristin headed over to the party with Allison.

"You look so pretty!" Allison squealed from the passenger's seat.

Kristin glanced down at her dress. She really did think it was beautiful. The top and bottom were separate, showing off a sliver of her tanned skin.

The top was elegant with white sparkles and lace while the bottom was a mauvey-pale pink. It came down to the floor and she had some pink flats to go with it.

Allison had done Kristin's hair in loose curls that flowed down her back and she had simple makeup on.

"Thanks, you look great too," Kristin replied, loving her dark red dress that reached mid thigh.

"You okay?" Allison asked when she saw her sigh.

"Just nervous," Kristin muttered.

"You'll do great, Kristin," Allison assured her, "Plus I'm sure Ryder won't be able to take his eyes off of you."

Hearing his name only made Kristin more nervous.

Everything was a blur for her as she arrived at the party.

Many people were introducing theirselves and she hardly had time to look around for Ryder.

After a while, Ethan rescued her and brought her over to the stage.

"Is Ryder here?" Kristin urgently asked, her nerves picking up when she didn't see him.

"Yes, he's on his way over."

"What am I supposed to say?" she whispered.

"The Alpha will do most of the talking. You can just—"

Either he stopped talking when he saw Ryder walking over, or Kristin just tuned him out.

She took in her mate's appearance for the first time in three days. He had the usual annoyed look on his face of course. His hair looked like it had once been combed nicely but was now the aftermath of him running his hands through it.

She knew he did that more when he was stressed so she figured that was why. She hated that it still looked so good, like it was styled that way on purpose.

And of course, this was one of the few times she had seen him in a suit, possibly the first and last time she thought.

She couldn't take her eyes off of him as he walked up to her and Ethan.

"Is everything ready?" he asked, looking at Ethan.

Kristin tried not to look too interested as he talked with Ethan but she did notice his dark blue eyes perfectly matched his suit.

"Yes," Ethan nodded, slowly moving his eyes to Kristin.

"Alright let's go," Kristin's stomach dropped when Ryder locked eyes with her and grabbed her hand in his.

She only nodded as she followed him up on stage, suddenly overwhelmed by his touch and the crowd all staring at them.

She really tried to pay attention but as she focused on the crowd, looking from face to smiling face, she accidentally blocked out everyone's voice. Even her parents who were now joining them on stage.

Everything was slow motion as she turned to see her mother smile at her, then at her father who was speaking to the packs, then at her brother who was nodding at their father's words.

"This treaty will officially unite Nightfall and Spirit Moon as allies," she tuned back in when she heard Ryder speak.

She was then pulled over to a table in the center of the stage where they were to sign the official document.