Chapter Two

07/08/2017

The next morning Kristin awoke to her phone alarm at eight o'clock. She figured that would give her enough time to get ready and then go have brunch with Allison and Logan before having to arrive to the pack house, where the meeting would take place.

After taking a nice hot shower she slipped into her white fluffy robe and took a seat in front of her vanity.

It took a while to dry her long blonde hair and after she ran a straightener through it a couple times to get the frizz out.

She routinely applied a light layer of foundation, darkened her brows, and put on mascara.

Going through her closet, she decided on dark black skinnies and a dark satin button up.

Before leaving her room, she put on a necklace and the ring she wore often that her father had gifted her.

She met her friends at Violet's, the local pack café, at ten o'clock.

"You look fancy today," Logan commented as he noticed Kristin's attire.

"I'm meeting the other pack coming today," she responded, taking a seat across from him in a booth.

"It's Nightfall Pack, isn't it?" Logan raised an eyebrow.

"Mmhm," Kristin replied, sliding over for Allison who had just arrived.

"Nightfall Pack," Allison stated as she took a seat beside Kristin, "I heard the Alpha's sons are super hot."

"And where did you hear that?" Kristin wondered. The last time anyone had seen the heirs of Nightfall Pack was about eight years ago.

Allison shrugged, "I just heard rumors... but you'll have to let me know if they're true when you meet them."

"Okay," Kristin rolled her eyes at her best friend.

"Chill Allison, the future Alpha already found his mate," Logan smirked at her.

"Darn," she said over dramatically, but actually meaning it, "what about the younger one? He's single, right?"

She looked to Kristin knowing she would know since her father made her keep up with the other packs, especially Nightfall due to their upcoming visit.

"Yep," she replied, popping the 'p'. "I'm not sure how I feel about us forming an alliance with them though." She didn't mean to shift the subject, she was genuinely concerned.

From the research she had done with the pack, there was something off about the Alpha.

"I heard the Alpha's turning crazier by the minute. He didn't let his son take over when he was supposed to. He seriously doesn't want to give up his title," Logan said, shaking his head.

"It's true," Kristin replied, taking a bite from her blueberry pancakes. "They say Alpha Rickard changed ever since his mate passed away three years ago."

"Mmm that's sad," Allison pouted her lips.

"I just feel like he could be unstable, especially since he's refusing to give up his position to his son," Kristin voiced her thoughts.