Chapter Sixty

01/02/2018

It seemed to take forever for Kristin to get back to Nightfall. The entire ride she was anxious and kept asking Ethan what was going on since he'd be updated through mind link.

So far Ryder and three teams of fighters had arrived while the rogues were still there.

They tried counting how many there were, but they were all over the place.

Ethan said that Ryder told him there were about fifty rogues there, but most of them were running around and attacking as a distraction. He couldn't figure out what they wanted.

As Kristin neared the borders, a team of guards met them, surrounding the SUV.

"What's happening now?" She eagerly asked Ethan.

He stopped to think, "It's quieted down. Ryder thinks most of the rogues are gone, if not all.

"Is everyone okay?" she asked in worry, looking out the window at the guards following them.

"He hasn't told me," Ethan shook his head, "But they're at the pack building now," he hesitated, "In the prison."

"I want to go," she replied firmly.

Ethan nodded his head, going back to mind linking the pack.

They finally arrived at the building and Kristin quickly made her way inside.

"Luna," one of the guards said behind her.

She turned to see a girl about her age, maybe a little older.

"Here, take these," she held out a pair of clothes, "It's messy down there."

"Thanks," she said absentmindedly, taking the clothes to quickly go change. The only thing running through her mind was 'it's messy down there.'

Kristin ripped her dress off, sliding on the leggings and t-shirt.

Opening the bathroom door to hurry out, she was met with Ethan.

He had a pained expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" Kristin stood in front of him.

"The Alpha doesn't want you going down there anymore," he said, looking sick.

"Why? What happened?" she broke away to run over to the door to the prison. It was already wide open, the usual guards no where to be seen.

"Kristin," Ethan grabbed her hand, trying to hold her back.

She knew he felt bad for keeping her behind, but at that moment, all she wanted to do was go down there. She felt uneasy, like something was very wrong.

She easily ripped her hand out of Ethan's hold, "I have to see," she mumbled, walking down the steps.

Ethan remained at the top, not going after her.

She ran down the nightmarish halls, trying to keep breathing.

"Kristin!" she heard Ryder yell her name, angered that she had gotten down here.

She didn't reply. She didn't even look his way, because the sight in front of her was enough to knock the breath from her.

Blood. There was a lot of blood. It was everywhere, staining the floors, splattered over the walls—

Two bodies were laying on the ground, not moving. She could feel they were Nightfall's wolves. They were part of her pack— and they were dead.