Chapter Fifty Six

12/23&26/2017

Kristin waited up for Ryder, wishing she could find out what was going on out there.

She decided to lay in bed when it got to be two in the morning. He had been gone for four hours.

She was still angry with him but couldn't help but worry.

She knew he was probably fine, but she found it hard to fall asleep. It didn't help that the new bed didn't smell like Ryder yet.

She seriously debated going into his closet and stealing something that smelled like him but she didn't want him to catch her either.

It'd show weakness, she thought jokingly.

And she still had to make her point to Ryder. Plus she wanted to keep doing things to help the pack.

She knew she'd have to be at the fighter's at eight tomorrow, although she didn't think Ryder would make it easy for her to go.

The next morning Kristin woke up and tiptoed towards the guest bedrooms. There was a chance that Ryder would already be up but it was still pretty early for him, especially since he didn't come back until who knows what time.

She found him in the first guest room fast asleep.

She smiled to herself, thinking he looked so peaceful.

It's a shame he'd wake up to an empty house.

Kristin grabbed some fruit from the counter, wondering who stocked their cupboards and fridges.

She hopped into Ryder's fancy black car, his scent engulfing her. She never really saw him driving the same car, however this one seemed to be one of his favorites since he'd been using it all week.

Kristin made it to the fighter's in record time, seeing Adam already outside.

After an hour of running and strength training, Kristin was beat.

"You did good today," Adam nodded at her.

"Thanks," she groaned, laying down on the floor. Her muscles were already becoming sore but she felt good. Even if she couldn't be as strong as a wolf she'd try her best.

"Hey, you're a fighter," Kristin sat up raising her brow.

"I am," he replied curiously.

"What exactly happened last night?"

"Oh, I see," Adam said nodding.

"Yeah, I was locked inside a house so I never found out if you guys found anything?"

"The Alpha had us do a sweep of the territory but we didn't find anything."

"Really?" she asked surprised.

"It was a thorough check, so I know we didn't miss anything. He told us what happened with you when you saw the rogue. It still seems suspicious though."

"Maybe it was nothing?" Kristin asked, wanting to know what he thought about the situation.

He shook his head, "Even if it was, better safe than sorry."