Chapter Three

07/09/2017

Kristin was on her way to see Ryder. She was riding with her parents to the pack house where Nightfall Pack was meeting them.

Maybe she could convince her father that they weren't mates after this.

She hesitantly, yet eagerly followed her father into the pack building and up the stairs to one of the bigger meeting rooms.

She immediately searched the room for Ryder.

Alpha Rickard and Gabriel were standing at the end of the long table while Ryder was sitting in one of the chairs, his feet up on the table.

His longish black hair had a messy look to it, though Kristin was sure he styled it like that.
He also had a good jawline, she would give him that.

She watched as he crossed his arms, his muscles flexing.

Yes, he was exceptionally attractive, but most wolves were. It was in their genes.

No. He wasn't her mate. And she definitely wasn't his.

Just then he met her stare.
She frowned at him, not understanding why he would lie about them being mates.

Ryder smirked at her before taking his feet off the table and straightening up.

She scowled at him, trying her hardest to show her resentment.

"I brought Kristin here to sit in on our agreement for the alliance deal, since this involves her," Alpha John spoke to the others.

Kristin so badly wanted to speak out against this, but ever since she was little she was taught how to act professionally in the presence of other leaders.

Instead she bit her lip and took a seat, farthest away from Ryder.

Both Alphas were seated on either end of the table, their family next to them.

"That seems fair," Alpha Rickard nodded towards Kristin, a glint in his eyes. "I'm just glad my son has finally found his mate."

Kristin's father started discussing the details of the arrangement, but not before she noticed Ryder roll his eyes at his father's words.

She blinked. She had seen him roll his eyes.

He was definitely not acting like they were mates. Couldn't her parents see this?

In that moment she knew he was lying about them.

The rest of the meeting consisted of both Alphas agreeing to arrangement terms as Kristin glared at Ryder from across the table.

He was avoiding her gaze, looking bored with the whole situation.

A couple minutes later he met Kristin's gaze. He must have sensed her complete and utter hatred for him at this point.

He raised an eyebrow as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Okay, so the terms have been made. We will conclude this meeting and seal the alliance by signing here," Alpha John pointed to the stack of papers they had typed up, consisting of the terms.