Chapter Fourteen

07/17/2017

Despite Ryder's warning of Alex's status of a stranger, they made it to the house.

"Wow, you live way out in the woods," Alex said, looking relieved that they finally arrived.

Kristin just chuckled at him. 

She hopped out, eyeing Ryder's car.

He had come back home.

"Are you sure about this?" Alex said, probably noticing Ryder's car also. "I know your roommate doesn't like me."

Kristin laughed at the mention of 'roommate.'

"It's okay, we'll stay away from him."

She walked into the house, leading Alex to the stairs.

Ryder cleared his throat from the living room. His eyes were fixed on something and Kristin followed his gaze to her hand, which was around Alex's.

She was just leading him upstairs!

Once they were upstairs, she took him to the end of the hallway, which was a lounge space.

She sat down on the couch and flipped on the tv for some background noise.

Alex sat next to her, keeping a friendly distance that she was thankful for.

"So Alex, do you go to school?" she asked, knowing that's what humans his age usually did.

"Yeah, I just finished my first year of college, actually. What about you?"

"I was actually home schooled growing up," she shrugged, "Now I do some accounting work for my father."

Or at least I used to, she thought.

"Really?" Alex asked, sounding interested, "I'm actually a finance major. My brother's an accountant too."

"Wow," Kristin chuckled.

"Yeah, my brother's actually--"

Alex stopped talking as Ryder walked into the room.

"What are you doing?" Kristin narrowed her eyes at Ryder, who was standing in the doorway.

"Oops, I thought this was my room."

Kristin almost laughed at his horrible excuse.

"Go away."

He rolled his eyes and left.

"Sorry about that, he's so annoying."

Half an hour later, Alex had pretty much told her everything of his 'boring life' as he'd called it.

However, to Kristin, his life was very interesting.

It wasn't everyday she got to talk to an actual human who did normal human things.

Everyone she knew was affiliated with the pack, even Allison.