Chapter Forty Eight

11/03/2017

"Where are we going?" she asked, gripping onto his arm.

"You're going to bed," he stated, making her walk up the stairs.

"No, I want to talk to Evelyn first," she struggled to escape his hold.

"I'll be the only one talking to her," he replied darkly.

When they got to the door of his bedroom, Kristin reached out and held onto the door frame, refusing to let Ryder drag her in.

"Kristin let go, you're going to hurt yourself," Ryder replied, rolling his eyes.

"No. Let me go."

Losing his patience, he picked her up and walked over to the bed.

"Ow!" Kristin complained, after Ryder had tossed her on the bed.

"That didn't hurt," he crossed his arms, standing in front of her.

Kristin glared at him, trying to sit up.

"Stay here," Ryder pointed at her like she was a dog, before turning to walk away.

"Wait!" Kristin stumbled off the bed.

"Kristin, I told you to stay!" he replied frustratingly, picking her up to sit her on the bed again.

Kristin took this opportunity to hook her arms around his neck, not letting him go.

"What do you want?" he asked impatiently.

"Stay here," she struggled to pull him down with her.

She was now kneeling on the edge of the bed, reaching up so her hands could securely wrap around his neck.

"Of course this is the only time you want me to get in bed with you," he rolled his eyes, reaching up to pry her hands off of him.

"I want you to get into bed with me!" Kristin replied frantically, wanting to keep him from going downstairs to yell at Evelyn.

"Mhmm, sure you do," he removed her hands but she caught his hand before he could walk away and pulled.

Instead of pulling him towards her, she was pulled towards him.

"Kristin," he groaned, pushing her back onto the bed.

"You can't yell at her right now. At least wait until tomorrow." That way Kristin could think of a better way to stop him when she could think straight.

"She needs to be put in her place, Kristin. She's supposed to be guarding you, but instead she's f*cking drunk."

Kristin winced at his yelling, "So am I."

Ryder chuckled, "No you aren't."

Kristin scrunched her brows, "Yes."

"Let me guess, this is the first time you've drank?" Ryder walked back to her, raising his brow.

"No! I've been drunk a lot before." Despite being mad, she wrapped her arms around his neck again, making him lean forward.

"Sure you have," he shook his head, amused by her behavior.

"Come here," she whined, siting down and pulling him with her, so that he was leaning in front of her on his arms.

"You're so weird when you're intoxicated," Ryder muttered.

"I'm not intoxicated," she struggled to say the word.

Ryder snorted, "Okay."

Kristin felt herself leaning in and pulling him to her so she could kiss him. She hadn't expected to do this a minute ago, but now that's what she wanted.