Chapter Eighteen

07/21/2017

Blood.

It was everywhere.

Jess' body was soaked in it, Alpha Rickard was drenched in it, and the floor was covered in it.

And it was all Jess'.

Kristin was sobbing, struggling to breathe, as she stared at her unmoving body.

"I am glad you could watch that, Kristin," Rickard stood up from the ground, wiping his bloody hands on his already blood- stained suit.

Kristin struggled to catch her breath, so she could scream at him, but she was losing oxygen.

"Gabriel will not stand a chance against me now. He will not be able to live anymore," Rickard wore a sinister smile as he kicked Jess' dead body.

"Don't touch her!" Kristin screamed as loud as she could, tears streaming down her face.

Rickard ignored her as he called two of his men to take care of the body.

"Where are you taking her?" Kristin sobbed, trying to use the bars to pull her weight up. She felt too weak to stand.

"Kristin, she is dead," Rickard shook his head disapprovingly at her, "It doesn't matter."

His men continued to pick the body up and disappear down the hallway.

By this time, Kristin had calmed down. She was no longer sobbing, though tears were still silently running down her face.
She suddenly felt exhausted, like her body was giving up. She felt too weak to try and move, so she remained on the floor in front of the cell door.

"Kristin, can I let you in on a little secret?" Rickard spoke again, walking over to stand in front of her.

She remained silent, refusing to look at him.

"After much thought, I've decided to keep you alive," he grinned down at her slumped figure, "Would you like to know why?"

Kristin stared hard at the clement floor, trying her hardest to ignore him.

"I thought you might," he smiled, cunningly.

"You see Kristin, I could kill you, if I wanted to weaken Ryder as well. However, if I did that, I would have two crazy wolves coming after me. Don't get me wrong, they would be blinded by revenge of their mate, their wolves taking complete control. Which would block their logical thinking, allowing me to kill them."

He walked away from her, thinking before continuing.

"Gabriel, I could handle like that. Both of them though," he chuckled, walking back over to Kristin, "I think then, they might actually be able to kill me."

Although Kristin's head hurt and she was both physically and emotionally drained, she wondered why Rickard was acting like she was Ryder's mate.
He was the one who came up with the plan with Ryder, in the first place.

"Because although their human side disappears, along with all logical thinking, perhaps this will make their wolves stronger. Two out of control wolves, are dangerous for me."