Chapter Forty Five

10/12&20/17

Kristin was soon met with two guards standing on the bottom of the stairs.

They looked at her in surprise, not expecting their Luna to barge into the prison at any given moment.

"Luna?" one of them spoke, looking confused.

"Hey guys," Kristin wasn't sure what to say to get through. Was there a secret password she had to say or something? She had never went down to the prison in her pack before. She tried to remember what Rickard had done when he brought her down, but unfortunately her brain had blocked that memory from her mind.

"You want to go to the cells?" He asked, giving her a weird look.

"Yes, if you'll please excuse me," Kristin waved them aside so she could pass through.

"Where's the Alpha?" the other guard asked as she squeezed through.

"No idea," she shrugged and left them down the hallway.

It was a long walk, she hadn't remembered the dark hallway being this long.

Suddenly a flashback of Rickard dragging her through this same hallway flashed through her mind, making her stumble.

She reached out to steady herself against the wall and continued to slowly walk forward. This would surely make her nightmares worse, she thought.

She finally saw the end of the hallway, and knew that around the corner would be the cells.

Taking another step forward, her heart pounding in her chest, she didn't expect to feel someone grab her.

She gasped as hands grabbed her waist and pulled her back into his chest.

"What the hell are you doing?" Ryder's voice was mixed with concern and anger.

"Let me go," Kristin pried his hands off of her and took a step back.

"Are you crazy?" Ryder asked with knitted eyebrows, "Why are you down here?"

"Because I'm trying to fix it!" she yelled back.

"Fix what?" Ryder watched her cautiously, in case he had to stop her from running to the cells again.

"I'm facing my fears so I won't panic anymore," she took a step back, towards the end of the hallway.

"That's going to make it worse!" Ryder pointed behind her.

"Well I don't know what else to do, besides not be the Luna anymore," she tried to keep her eyes from stinging.

"The pack needs you Kristin, you have to be the Luna," Ryder tried taking a step towards her but she took another step back.

"Just find someone else, then," she said, like it would be the easiest option ever.

Ryder raised his brows, "I hope you know that's impossible."

"Yes, unfortunately," she muttered.

"It's impossible because you're the only Luna I want."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "Nice try."

"I'm serious Kristin!" Ryder quickly stepped behind her so he was blocking the path to the cells.

"You're only saying that because we're mates. I'm sure you'd rather not have a weak human as a Luna," she rolled her eyes, surprised she had fought back the tears this long.

"Kristin," Ryder made her look at him, "What you went through down here, what you witnessed," he shook his head, "If I was in your position, I would be going crazy."