Chapter Nineteen

07/21/2017

Kristin felt like she was dying.

She couldn't breathe, her head hurt, and she could hear her heart trying to pound its way out of her chest.

She didn't know what was happening, she had never felt this much pain and anxiety in her life.

She was surprised she still had tears left, since she could still feel them running down her cheeks, onto the ground.

Her eyes flew open as she heard the sound of a howl.

Echoing down the hallway, the sound filled the empty cells.

Soon after, a large black wolf flew down the hallway, running right for Kristin's cage.

She remained curled in a ball, not caring if the wolf wanted to hurt her.

The wolf halted in front of her cell, its nose smelling the dried blood on the ground.

It's eyes flew to Kristin, and realization hit her.

Before she could say anything, men started running into the room, cornering the wolf and Kristin.

Rickard walked in behind them, a stern look on his face.

"Well, well, well," he spoke, looking at the wolf.

The wolf growled the most loud, terrifying growl Kristin had ever heard in her life.

"Now, that's not the proper way to greet your father, is it?"

Suddenly the wolf shifted, a tall man with dark hair, standing in its place.

Kristin had never seen Gabriel this angry before.
She didn't think it was possible for someone to be filled with so much anger, she could even feel it.

He stood there, hands in fists, his entire body shaking with rage.

"Where is she?" he growled out.

"Ah," Rickard nodded, looking to Kristin, "I think Kristin here, can answer that for you."

Gabriel's eyes briefly flitted to Kristin, they were completely pitch black.

Kristin slowly sat up, opening her mouth to say something, a choked sob coming out instead. She couldn't say out loud what happened to Jess.

Gabriel snapped his head back to Rickard, "You're covered in her blood."

Rickard nodded, looking down at his blood-stained hands and shirt.

"Come on, Gabriel. I know you know she's gone."

Gabriel growled, Kristin's hands flew to her ears to block out the loudness.
She swore the room shook.

"Soon, it'll be your own blood," he spat out, "Ryder's on his way, with more men than you could ever imagine," Gabriel said, his voice void of emotion.

He looked dead inside, it was like he transformed into someone else.

"We are going to destroy you, and everyone who is with you."