Chapter Seventeen

07/20/2017

Tires screeched as Kristin whipped out of the driveway.

She had thrown her bag into the backseat and jumped into her car.

There was only one place she had to go now.

She pressed the pedal down, the car going faster than it ever had before.

Kristin tried to blink away the tears, so she could see where she was going.

Once logic started to come back into her screwed up mind, she grabbed her phone on the seat next to her.

She had to call her father.

She had to warn him about Nightfall Pack. 

She swore when she found that her phone was dead.

She leaned back, stretching her arm to reach into her bag in the back seat.

She kept one hand on the wheel, trying to find her charger in her bag with the other hand.

When she thought she felt it, she turned her head to squint into her bag.

Yanking the cord out, she turned back around and gasped.

Her foot flew to the breaks to prevent her from hitting the car that was stopped in the middle of the road in front of her.

She barely made it without crashing, her heart beating out of her chest.

Her breathing quickened as the smell of burnt rubber filled her nose.

She squinted out her windshield, trying to see who was behind the tinted windows of the car in front of her.

She rolled her window down, and was about to yell for them to get out of the way, when she felt something hard and cold suddenly pressed to her temple. 

"Get out of the car," came a rough voice above her.

When she didn't move, the man pressed the gun harder against her head, making her whimper.

She tried to look at who he was, without moving her head, but it was no use.

"Get out!" he yelled louder, causing Kristin to flinch.

She shakily brought her hand to the door handle, opening it slowly.

The guy took a step back, still pointing the gun to her head.

"Now walk forward slowly, with your hands up," he demanded.

Kristin stood up and raised her hands, turning to face him.

Beta Karmin.

She would never forget what this huge bearded man from Nightfall looked like.

"Walk!" he shouted at her.

She slowly took a step forward, followed by another.

She glanced around, noticing five to six other men surrounding her and her car.

Beta Karmin reached out and grabbed her arm, dragging her towards the SUV that was pulling up beside the other car.