Chapter Fifty Two

12/05&10/2017

Miraculously, Kristin and Evelyn snuck out of the house without being caught by a guard.

This was mostly due to Evelyn's unknown, but impressive skill of sneaking past everyone unnoticed.

This was harder for Kristin, seeing as her human feet couldn't move as fast and silent as Evelyn.

Moving with ease, Evelyn stealthily lead the way through the woods, until coming to a clearing.

They were now closer to the heart of the pack, but Evelyn was only interested in running to the nearest car.

"Is this yours?" Kristin asked confusingly as she got in.

"Nope," she shook her head and chuckled, "I'll return it, don't worry."

Kristin widened her eyes at her as she stepped on the gas and drove them away.

"The pack's on lockdown anyway," she added, shrugging, "They won't even know it's gone."

Kristin hesitantly nodded, thinking it was weird to take someone's car, even if they were a fellow pack member.

"So Brandon is your mate?" Kristin asked, remembering her phone call.

Evelyn snorted and shook her head, "That's disgusting. No, he's my brother."

She sighed, slightly speeding up even more.

"He isn't in this pack, but he's here right now. I need to convince him to leave before he meets Jackson."

"Jackson?" Kristin wondered.

However, Evelyn had stopped outside of a smaller house and was already getting out.

"Come on," she waved for Kristin to follow, "You'll be safe here, trust me."

Kristin followed her into the house but froze as soon as she saw the scene.

Nothing major was happening. Actually, nothing was happening at all. It was just the intensity and dominance in the air that had caused her to be glued to her spot.

She was used to this with her father and brother, but she knew to stay out of the way in these situations.

Two guys were standing on either sides of the living room they had stepped into.

They were both tall, muscular, intimidating... and they looked angry.

"Hey, Sis," one of the guys spoke, his face still hardened, "Long time, no see."

"Brandon I told you now was not a good time," Evelyn spoke lowly, taking a step towards him.

"That's okay," he replied, turning to face the other guy, "I got to meet an interesting wolf today."

The guy that he was talking about narrowed his eyes, somehow making his glare full of even more hatred.

Kristin stayed in the corner, near the door, having no clue what was going on.

"Let's talk outside," Evelyn reached out and tugged on Brandon's arm.

Brandon threw one last look at the other guy before following his sister out the door.