Chapter Twenty One

07/27/2017

Kristin's mind took this opportunity to relive the previous day's events once more, images flashing through her closed eyes.

She wrapped her hands around the cold metal bars, tugging at them desperately.

She needed to get out.

She continued to struggle, knowing she would never be able to escape.

Suddenly she looked to the floor, where a dark red liquid was oozing into her cell.

Blood.

She gasped, taking steps back before it could reach her feet.

The cool, hard surface of the wall hit her back, and she was trapped.

The blood was now filling up the room, she was trying to climb higher, but there was no where to go.

She was going to drown--

"Kristin, snap out of it!" She felt someone shake her shoulders.

Her eyes flew open, the bright light piercing her vision.

She grabbed onto the arms that were on her for comfort, before she could snap back to reality.

"What happened?" Ryder's eyebrows were scrunched, as he worriedly looked at Kristin.

Her wide eyes were full of shock. After looking around the room, she focused back on Ryder.

"Are you okay?" he asked, looking down to where she had a death grip on his arm.

She loosened her hold, leaning back into the pillow.

"I'm okay," she breathed, not knowing what had happened, but not wanting to think about it.

"Do you want me to let your parents in?" he asked, worried about the state she was in.

She nodded at him, "Yeah, it's okay."

He gave her one last look before getting off the bed to open the door.

"Kristin," her father said, rushing to her bed.

He looked unusually tired as well, worry in his eyes.

"I'm okay," she said reassuringly, trying her best to smile.

"After we heard what happened, we were so worried," her mother said, moving to the other side to hug Kristin.

"I'm okay," she repeated, not knowing what else to say. She looked behind them at Ryder, who was leaning against the far wall.

"You heard what happened?" she questioned, looking back to her parents.

"Ryder had already brought you here when he told us everything," her father said.

"Everything?" she questioned, not knowing if Ryder had given them all the details.

Her mother nodded, "Ryder told us how Rickard was using you to help take over our pack."