Chapter Forty Nine

11/18/17

"Kristin."

"Kristin."

"Kristin."

"What?" Kristin groaned, rubbing her eyes and squinting at the bright room.

"Just wanted to make sure you were still alive," she heard Ryder's voice, "You haven't moved in like two hours."

"What time is it?" she mumbled, opening her eyes to see Ryder leaning over her with a smirk.

His hair looked slightly disheveled and she fought the urge to run her hand through it.

"One o'clock," he grinned, knowing she'd freak out.

"What?" she gasped and sat up, cringing when her head started pounding, "Ow," she muttered, holding her head.

She heard Ryder chuckle beside her.

"What?" she demanded, glaring at him.

He just shook his head, staring at her, "You've said 'what' like four times already."

She frowned at him. Why was he in such a good mood right now?

"Here, you should drink some water," he held out a glass for her and she looked at him weirdly.

"Why?" she drug out the word.

He lifted a brow, "You remember last night, right?"

"Of course," she said, although some parts where a little fuzzy, she knew what happened. Evelyn and her were drinking and then Ryder came home really angry...

"Did you go see Evelyn today?" she asked.

"No," he replied, still holding the glass out for her.

She narrowed her eyes at him to make sure he wasn't lying, before taking the glass and drinking.

The cold water tasted amazing, and she didn't realize how thirsty she had been until now.

"Slow down, you're going to drown," he chuckled.

She rolled her eyes, "That's impossible."

"Not if you don't know how to swim," he pointed out, lifting a brow.

"Hilarious," she replied grumpily, her eyes lingering on his flexing muscles as he stretched and yawned.

"Someone can't take a joke," he leaned back, putting his hands behind his head.

"I can, but jokes actually have to be funny," she shot back.

"Ouch," he said sarcastically, looking up at her.

"I don't why I feel horrible, I didn't even drink that much," she set the glass aside and leaned her back against the cool headboard.

"You're the lightest weight I've ever seen," he yawned next to her.

"I am not," she defended herself, although she knew compared to wolves she was, "I'm a human, remember? I'm the normal one."